~SIX~

SIX: Clark Kent

SIX: Clark Kent

Words: 557 (including non-story related words such as these.)

Author's Note: mr keene is such a creep like yall ever just wanna 👨‍⚕️🤛

~edited :)~

***

"I like your glasses, Mr. Keene." Bev blinked innocently.

"They make you look so much like Clark Kent." Ali twirled her hair flirtatiously.

Bev didn't know whether to be concerned or impressed about the fact that Ali was actually very good at this.

What Bev didn't know was Ali was way used to and educated on the ways of manipulating creepy men.

Flirting with the cashier was one of her main shoplifting techniques. She wasn't proud of it but you do what you had to do when you had to.

Mr. Keene was practically giggling. "Oh, I don't know about that."

"Can I try them?" Bev asked curiously.

Mr. Keene hesitated a bit but passed her the glasses anyway. "Sure."

Bev put them on and flashed a smile. "What do you think?"

Mr. Keene smirked, leaning closer towards them. Ali fought the urge to slap him.

"Well, how 'bout that?" He smiled. "You look just like Lois Lane."

Ali shuddered a bit.

She was more of a Marvel kind of girl, but she knew Clark Kent's -Superman- significant other was Lois Lane and she knew what Keene was referencing to when he called Bev Lois Lane.

Suddenly, there was a loud Crash! from behind the girls.

The boys were trying to exit the pharmacy but Eddie had been watching Ali and Bev and was too distracted to notice the shelf behind him.

He had rammed into it and caused shelves of shelves of items to clatter to the ground. Stanley and Bill desperately tried to haul him up as he sat on the floor, stunned.

Luckily, before Mr. Keene could get a better look of what had happened, Ali leaned on the counter and Mr. Keene was practically shaking from joy, completely oblivious to the boys as they made an even bigger ruckus trying to try getting out of the pharmacy.

Bill slipped on a pill bottle, Stanley tripped and Eddie had slipped and fallen ten times just trying to get himself off the floor.

By the time they had finally left the pharmacy, Ali and Bev wanted to strangle them but kept up the flirtatious act with Mr. Keene.

Ali decided she and Bev deserved some sort of payment. Bev thought so too.

"Mr. Keene?" Ali batted her eyelashes. She pointed at a display of sunglasses behind Mr. Keene. "Will you please fetch me a pair of those sunglasses? I'd like to try some, please?"

Keene nodded instantly. "Of course, of course."

While his back was turned, Bev sneakily snatched two packs of Marlboro and a candy bar while Ali slyly went for three packs of Marlboro and a pack of gum, off the counter.

Ali noticed the cash register open and snuck two handfuls, somehow managing to stay completely quiet. She passed one graspful of paper bills to Bev and kept the other handful of paper bills for herself.

A young woman such as herself has needs and priorities, y'know?

By the time Mr. Keene turned back around, both girls had hidden their steals away in their jean pockets. They hid their boxes of tampons behind their backs.

Mr. Keene walked back to the counter with a smile on his face and a pair of cheetah-print sunglasses in his hand. Ali cringed but smiled sweetly.

"No, thanks. We'll just go."