~FIVE~

FIVE: Clean Up on Isle 5!

Words: 909 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: beverly supremacyyyy

~edited :)~

***

~the next day~

Ali walked into the old pharmacy.

The bell above the door chimed to alert its workers that somebody had entered.

Only Mr. Keene noticed Ali and a small smile formed on his face.

Ali shuddered when she saw the old man wave, but she waved back.

Mr. Keene was a creepy man.

Ali was aware of her body. She had matured faster than most girls her age and she was perfectly aware of the way some men, like Mr. Keene, would look at her.

She was disgusted, but she had grown to realize that that fact gave her the advantage to be as manipulative as she needed to.

Ali walked off to the next isle before Mr. Keene could do anything else and hid behind a shelf of boxes of vitamin bottles and pills.

"I'll see you later, Dad." Ali heard the familiar voice of one Greta Bowie.

Greta froze in her tracks when she saw Ali. Ali smirked and Greta rolled her eyes but walked off since her father was there. She exited the pharmacy and Ali walked over to the next isle.

The isle for menstruation products.

It was that time of the month again and Ali had just ran out.

She scanned through the shelves of boxes of tampons, looking for the cheapest one she could find, when she came across a familiar face.

"Ali?" Ali heard the familiar voice and turned around.

"Bev." Ali smirked. "What's up?"

Bev shrugged. "Nothing. Just here to get vitamins for my...dad."

Ali noticed Bev was holding something behind her back, as if she were hiding it.

"What's that?" Ali asked.

Bev shook her head. "Nothing."

Ali rose an eyebrow and Bev sighed. She revealed a box of tampons and looked embarrassed.

"That time of the month, huh?" Ali smiled.

She heard the chiming of a bell from the door but ignored it. Just another customer, she guessed.

Bev smiled back a bit. "Yeah. I dunno why I'm embarrassed of people seeing these. Sorry."

Ali shrugged. "Don't be. And don't be embarrassed. Periods and the menstrual cycle is a way of life." Ali took a box of tampons off the shelf and began to head to the next isle to go for the register.

Bev followed as Ali continued. "No need to be embarrassed of it. I mean, men can walk around the streets shirtless and nobody would question it. Why would it be weird to carry around a box of something that's as useful as-"

Her voice trailed off. And Bev froze and stared.

Three boys stared back. Eddie, Stanley and Bill stood in the middle of the next isle. Eddie was cradling random medical supplies in his arms.

"Hey." Eddie squeaked at the sight of them.

"Hey." Ali said, calmer and normal-sounding compared to Eddie's squeak.

Bev had automatically hid her box of tampons but Ali still had hers out. Bill and Stanley stared at it to which Ali rolled her eyes at.

"Jesus Christ. You two never seen a human female being before or something?"

"Sorry." Stanley and Bill mumbled before quickly looking away.

Ali noticed the stares Bev and Bill were exchanhing with each other.

She hid a smirk.

Both were blushing hard and were doing terribly trying to cover it up. Bill was practically melting in a puddle and Bev's cheeks were starting to grow redder than her hair.

Ah, geez. Clean up on Isle 5 please.

Ali tried to hide her smile.

Bill looked at them. "Uh, are you okay?"

"We're fine." Bev answered. "What's wrong with you?"

"None of your business." Stan was quick to reply but Eddie had already began to speak.

"There's a kid outside. Looks like someone killed him."

"We need some s-s-s-supplies." Bill explained. "But we don't have enough money."

Ali looked over at the register and saw Mr. Keene smiling to himself.

"How bad do you need these supplies?" Ali asked the boys.

"Really bad." Eddie almost winced. "You should see the state of the guy outside."

Ali and Bev exchanged a look then looked back at the boys. They had a plan. The boys stared back at them attentively.

"We have an idea." Bev nodded, but shuddered at the same time.

Ali had been wearing a denim jacket and a dark purple crop top with jean shorts. Ali slipped out of her jacket and passed it unspecifically to the boys.

The three of them were eager to take it from her and as a result, Eddie let go of a bit of the items in his hands and some clattered to the ground making a mess. Bill tripped on his own foot and almost fell face-down on the floor if he hadn't caught himself. While Stanley had somehow managed to slip on a pack of band-aids -that Eddie had accidentally let fall- and fell, landing on his bum.

Fortunately for Stanley, he had gotten the jacket. Ali had let go of it and it landed on top of his head.

Bev and Ali had been looking away though, their focus on Mr. Keene, so the boys righted themselves up before they looked back. They hadn't seemed to notice thankfully.

"You boys better not get any ideas after this shit-show..." Ali sighed before she and Bev made their way to the counter.