~FIFTEEN~

FIFTEEN: Beverly's Bathroom

Words: 612 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: what would you do if you were in beverly's situation with the bloody bathroom?
***

~the next day~

Beverly had called an emergency meeting the next day. She had sounded urgent, announcing she had to show them something.

When Eddie, Ali and the others got to the front of Bev's apartment, she was already there waiting for them.

When Eddie and Ali saw each other, both flinched a bit. They still hadn't told anyone what happened the night before.

They both pretended as if it never happened but the experience was glued to their minds. One detail in particular that was stuck to Ali was that damned creature's face. Her father. That leper had her father's face yet she still couldn't figure out why.

She knew it wasn't really her father. That was simply impossible, which only troubled her even more.

"Hey." Bev rushed over to them as they parked their bikes. "I'm so glad you guys made it here. I've got to show you something."

"More than what we saw at the quarry?" Richie smirked.

Bev shot him a glare, something she never did before, and his laughter died in his throat.

"My dad'll kill me if he found out I had...boys in the apartment." Bev said.

"W-w-we'll keep a lookout." Bill suggested.

"Richie, stay here." Ali said and without even a second of hesitation, the others agreed and began to follow Bev as she made her way back inside.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah!" Richie called out. "What if her dad comes back?"

Stanley rolled his eyes and turned around. "Just do what you always do! Start talking!"
***
Beverly led them through her apartment until they reached the end of the hallway and to the bathroom.

Bev went to open the door but before she did, she paused.

"I suggest you ready yourselves." She looked at Eddie. "Especially you. Get your inhaler out. You're not gonna like this..."

She swung the door open and they stared, too stunned to do or say anything. With the exception of Eddie who was shaking his head and gagging at the smell and the sight.

The bathroom was coated in blood. Blood everywhere. In the sink, the tub, covering the windows, the floor, the ceiling, the mirror, even some hand towels Ali spotted were soaked in blood.

"You guys see it?" Bev motioned to the room.

"What happened here?" Stanley asked, trying not to open his mouth too much. The smell was sickening, he didn't wanna inhale it.

"My dad couldn't see the blood." Beverly pursed her lips. "I thought I might be crazy."

"Well." Ali took a step forward while everyone backed away. "If you're crazy, then we all are."

Eddie took a few puffs of his inhaler. It was Stan's turn to gag when the whole blood thing really started to sink in. Ben just tried not to take in the smell and Bill stared, taken aback.

"We c-can't leave it like this." Bill finally said after a small moment of quiet.

The group exchanged looks of hesitation but in a matter of minutes, they were all on their hands and knees cleaning and scrubbing blood off Beverly Marsh's bathroom.

"Damn." Ali sighed, helping Eddie clean out the bloody towels when she saw him whimpering at the sight of it.

He was a complete health-nut and total germaphobe. It was only pride that kept him from crying over the disgusting bloody sight.

"What?" Stanley asked.

Ali smirked a bit while Eddie gagged at the bloody floor tiles.

"This'll surely be a summer to remember."