~TWENTY~

TWENTY: Projector With A Mind of Its Own

Words: 1075 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: ok but first time watching this scene i actually kinda laughed when daddywise stuck his head out of the screen like dat but then started laughing when the kids started screaming. I-
***

The losers pulled up into Bill's lawn, heading straight for his garage while Bill ran up the stairs to retrieve something real quick.

The others entered the garage and sat in stools or random furniture and household machines that they could sit on.

Bill later returned with a map of Derry and he stuck it on the wall facing all the losers.

He set up a projector on a stand and put it in front of the map.

He and the losers closed the garage door and windows before settling back down on their seats.

The map in front of them was labelled with the different names of some spots around  Derry with dots and signs.

"Okay." Bill took out a laser-pointer and began to point out some spots around the map.

He pointed to one marked 'Storm Drain.'

"Th-that's where G-g-g-g..." saying his brother's name was hard on Bill and everyone gave him a second to pronounce it out. "Georgie. That's where he disappeared." He pointed to more spots around the map. "There's the IronWorks, and that's The Black Spot. Everywhere it happens, it's all connected by the sewers. They all meet up at the-"

"The Well House." Ben finished for him.

"It's the house on Neibolt Street." Stanley added.

Ali rose and felt a shiver up her spine. She looked over to Eddie who sat beside her and he turned as pale as she had.

Richie scrunched up his face like he was grossed out. "You mean that creepy-ass house where all the junkies and hobos like to sleep?"

"I hate that house." Bev added as Eddie began to gasp into his inhaler. "It always feels like it's watching me."

Eddie was still trying to catch his breath so Ali said it for him.

"That's where we saw it." Ali's voice was quiet and she stared right at the map. "That's where we saw the clown..."

Eddie buried his face in his hands, feeling even worse now that Ali had said it out loud. She put a gentle hand on his shoulder to make sure he didn't fall off his chair.

"Th-that's where It lives." Bill stared at the map. "That-"

Eddie suddenly shot up from his seat and stood in front of the map.

"Can we stop talking about this?!" He practically shrieked, his breathing still messed up.

"Eddie, sit down." Ali tried to sound calm but her voice came out as shaky. She was as scared as he and everyone else was.

Eddie ignored her.

"I-I can barely breath- this is summer- we're kids- I can barely breathe- I-I'm up here having a fucking asthma attack!" He turned around to face off the map before ripping it off the wall. "And I-I am not doing this."

"Put the map back!" Bill told him.

"Uh-uh." Eddie shook his head stubbornly.

Ali got up. "Eddie, just please put it back-"

Before she could finish, a clicking sound began to fill the room. The losers looked at the projector and then at the screen. It was flipping through different pictures. Pictures of Bill and his family.

"Are you doing that?" Ali looked at Bill but she already knew the answer.

Bill shook his head, wide-eyed.

Ali turned back to Eddie. "Eddie, get out of there!"

Eddie ran away from the screen and joined the others as they stared, stunned and scared, at the screen.

The projector flipped through photos and more photos. One with Bill and his family on some farm, then the next of them on a log flume.

"Maybe the projector's malfunctioning?" Beverly guessed, trying to keep her voice calm but it was shaking all over the place.

"N-no." Bill shook his head frantically. "It's not possible. I-I didn't p-p-put those pictures on th-there to project..."

The losers just watched in confusion and shock until the next photo.

This photo showed Bill and his family in formal getup. Bill was in a suit, so was his father, and so was his little brother, Georgie. His mother was wearing a white floral dress but she was the only one who's face was blocked. Blocked by her red-orange hair.

The losers watched in horror as the projector flipped through photos that were slowly zooming in on Georgie.

"G-Georgie..." Bill whispered but nobody heard him, everybody was too stuck in a trance, staring at the screen.

Then it started to zoom in on his mother.

They watched as her hair, which was swept to the side covering her face, slowly uncovered her face. It was a normal face and so the losers felt a bit relieved, but then the hair swept over to the side again and covered it up. The next time the hair uncovered the face, the face didn't belong to Bill's mother anymore.

Instead, staring back at the losers, was the side of the distorted and chilling face of Pennywise the clown.

As soon as they had all seen one side of its face, the losers went off into hysterics.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!" Richie shrieked in Eddie's face.

"I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!!" Eddie screeched back.

As the clown's face was slowly turning into full-view, Ali snapped out of her trance.

"Turn it off." Ali shook Bill. "Turn it off!"

He and Bev tried to turn the projector off but nothing happened, it stayed on.

Mike grew impatient and instead of waiting, he booted the projector across the room.

The projector landed on the ground, its light shining on another spot in the garage room. One where Stanley was in front of.

Stanley froze in his tracks, staring at the projector light.

"Stanley, move!" Beverly and Ali yelled over the others' hysterical screaming. "Move outta there! Move!"

Stanley slowly backed away and when he did, the lights and the projector suddenly turned off and the losers were in the dark.

Then the projector lit back up again.

The losers screamed.

Sticking out from the screen, was the giant head of Pennywise the clown, staring and grinning right at them.