~THIRTY-ONE~

THIRTY-ONE: Exit

THIRTY-ONE: Exit

Words: 1167 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: daddywise 😏
***

But before the clown could get to them though, something stopped it. Ali heard it let out a small whimper and someone let out a yell of anger.

Ali opened her eyes and backed away, stunned.

Bev had impaled the clown. She had stuck a metal pole right through the clown's head. It passed through its head and Ali could see the end of the pole sticking out the back of its head.

It stayed there, almost hovering a bit but frozen and looking as stunned as Ali was. Its face was frozen in that terrifying grin it always wore but Ali could see in its eyes that it was hurt though.

Ben, Stanley and Mike popped up behind Beverly by the doorway that Ali had just noticed was there. It led to the outside. Must've been where Beverly had come from.

"Eddie. We gotta get to Eddie."
Ali heard Bill, or maybe it was Richie or Ben call out. But she was already rushing for him.

When Bev, Bill, Richie and Ali reached Eddie, he was in hysterics. He was screaming and looked close to tears but couldn't actually cry because he was too stunned and shaken up.

"KILLED US! IT COULD'VE KILLED US!" Eddie shouted. He didn't know what else to scream out but he wanted to shout something that were actually words and wasn't just incoherent screaming. "KILLED US!"

"Eddie, Eddie, EDDIE!" Ali tried repeatedly to get him to calm down. They had to get put pf there. Now. But Eddie was still sprawled on the floor and it seemed he forgot how to use his legs. "Eddie, hey! Look at me!"

Ali forced Eddie to look at her instead of at the clown. He was still barely breathing but Ali saw that his eyes had widened a little less and he stopped shaking as much as soon as he saw her.

"Good." She smiled a bit. It wasn't a happy smile. It was the kind of smile you have to someone to seem like everything was okay when really everything was going to shits. "Good, good, now come on we gotta-"

Before she could finish, the clown had recovered slightly.

It let out a growl.

It caught everyone off-guard. They screamed. Bev backed away into a corner, scared. Bill and Richie backed away into another corner. Ali pushed Eddie back away from it, both clutching onto each other as close as they could.

The clown looked even scarier than it did before.

The pole Bev had impaled him through the head with, was positioned so that when the clown stared looked at them, they could see it perfectly clear as it stabbed through its head and stuck out of his head. It wore a mad grin and crazy eyes.

It suddenly turned swiftly toward Stanley, Ben and Mike who were still by the doorway. The pole cut through Ben's stomach.

"Ben!" Ali heard Bev call out.

It didn't look like a particularly bad cut, but Ben was bleeding quite a lot now. He stumbled to the ground and Mike rushed to get him up.

The clown began to laugh before saluting the losers and slinking away. He exited through another doorway and left the losers.

"Shit, shit, shit!"

"Fuck! That clown!"

"Oh my god!"

"He could've killed us!"

"Ben! Are you okay?!"

Ali was on the floor with Eddie, hands cupped over her mouth, not being able to believe what had just happened.

The losers watched as Bill suddenly got up and walked towards the doorway It had exited to. He was going to follow it.

"Bill, no!" Ali called out when she realized what he was doing. Before she could follow after, she noticed Eddie's broken arm. "Shit, Eddie. That looks bad."

"YOU DON'T THINK I KNOW THAT?!" He shrieked, eyes wide.

"Okay, I got this." Richie nodded to himself. "I can fix it. I just need to uh... snap it. I gotta snap it back into place."

Bill had disappeared through the doorway and down wherever he went.

"Bill! Come back!" Stanley, Mike and Ben began to plead while Beverly, Eddie, Richie and Ali turned their focuses on Eddie's broken arm.

"No, no, no, no, no!" Eddie gasped. "I'd rather have a six year old give me heart surgery!"

"Oh, stop it. I can totally do this!" Richie insisted, rubbing his hands together. He hadn't the slightest idea how to fix a broken arm.

"DO NOT FUCKING TOUCH ME!" Eddie screeched.

Ali pushed Richie aside. "I'll do it. Gimme your arm."

Eddie looked reluctant but he trusted Ali with his arm more than Richie- he would trust a random three year old with his life more than Richie- so he slowly and carefully positioned it so Ali could hold it.

Ali used to skateboard and she wasn't exactly amazing at it. She figured she had fallen off her board more times than she had ever eaten and had had to fix her cuts, bruises and injuries herself when she didn't want her parents knowing and getting in trouble.

She studied the arm.

It was bending in a way a normal arm shouldn't be.

Yup. It was definitely broken.

Ali closed her eyes and began to try snapping it back but Eddie interrupted her before she could.

"No, no, no! Don't do it with your eyes closed!"

Ali shot him a glare and he instantly shut up.

Ali grasped his arm and snapped it back in one swift second. Eddie howled in pain.

By then, Bill had come back from his small escapade and joined them.

They all exchanged looks of fear. They had to get out of there now.

In a second, they all began to scram.

Mike, who Ali had just noticed was quite strong, picked Eddie up and headed for the door. The others followed.

They felt the most relieved they ever had in their whole lives when they were hit with the sweet, sweet fresh air. But Ali could also smell something else in the air. Smoke. She ignored it though. Of course she could smell smoke. That damned clown was probably cooking humans at that moment.

She just wanted to get the fuck out of there now.

"What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck..." Richie squeaked repeatedly as they all made their way down the small flight of stairs that lead them to the outside ground.

Once they reached soil ground, Ali felt a little better but they were still in the yard of the house so neither of them stopped until they reached their bikes who lay outside the gate on the pavement.

Mike plopped Eddie on the little carrier at the front of Bill's bike while the others got on their own bikes.

They all exchanged looks of fear before they all rode away, not daring to stop pedalling furiously until they reached the next street.