~TWENTY-SIX~

TWENTY-FIVE: Beep Beep, Richie

Words: 703 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: puppet richie kinda crusty ngl
***

Richie heard Ali's scream from the other side and grew even more frantic. What the shit happened now?

"Bill?!" Richie yelled. "What happened?"

Bill was frozen in shock on the other side. He stared at the door which locked Eddie out, and then to the door that shut Richie in and then the door that Ali was dragged into.

He was alone. And so were they.

Richie continued to pound on the door but stopped when he heard something behind him. A subtle scraping noise of some kind.

He turned around.

The blanket-covered things were not covered in blankets anymore. It was as if somebody had swept the blankets off of them while Richie wasn't looking. And to his horror, the blanket-covered things were not in fact, furnitures. They were something much, much worse.

Clown statues.

The room was covered in clown statues, paintings and portraits, toys, and suits. The room was a whole clown house.

At the far back of the dark room, was a coffin. It was a wooden, polished coffin and there was a bouquet of rotting and dying flowers on top of it.

Richie gulped.

He cursed rapidly under his breath, slowly making his way toward the coffin.

He stopped to stare at one of the clown statues. He took a deep breath and remembered what Bill had told him.

It wasn't real. It wasn't real. It wasn't real.

He knocked on the clown's wooden forehead and felt a bit relieved when the clown didn't reach out to choke him.

To divert his fear to humour, he muttered a small "Stupid clown." before he moved on past the other clowns, slightly calmer but still terrified.

He stared down at the coffin.

He took another deep breath before flipping it open.

He gagged from the stench that came out of it as soon as he opened the thing, but went quiet and froze when he saw what was inside.

It was a puppet. But not any puppet.

It was a Richie puppet.

The puppet was wooden and seemed to be rotting. Maggots and worms crawled out of the puppet's head and it wore a ripped suit that was stained in what Richie could only imagine was blood. Its big eyes stared back at him eerily.

Richie shuddered before closing the coffin again. He backed away.

A few seconds after he closed the coffin, the clown popped up out of it.

The same clown that had attacked them back at Bill's garage. The same clown that terrorized him and his friends.

It wasn't as gigantic as it was back at Bill's garage, but it still loomed over Richie like he was a stuffed animal in front of a toddler.

It growled as it emerged from the coffin.

Richie let out a scream and began to back away, scared out of his mind.

To his horror, it stared right at him with a sickening grin.

"Beep beep, Richie." It sneered before bolting towards him.

Richie was sure he was going to die.

Trashmouth Tozier, lives until thirteen years old.

How pathetic.

He awaited his incoming doom, his back pinned against the wall, not knowing what else to do. He closed his eyes shut, waiting for the clown to kill him.

Suddenly, he felt someone grasp his shoulder. His eyes were still closed so he had no clue what was going on, but he felt the door behind him give way and he stumbled back, whoever grabbed him cursed under their breath.

Richie opened his eyes. He was on the ground and Bill was looming over him, pushing the door shut. He heard a small shriek from behind the door but soon, things went silent.

Bill had managed to pry the door open and grabbed Richie at the last second, saving him.

"Are you o-o-okay?" Bill gasped.

"Yeah, I'm great." Richie said sarcastically, catching his breath.

He got off the ground and realized Ali wasn't there.

"Where's Ali?"

Bill looked past Richie and Richie turned to see what he was looking at. He spotted a door.

"There."