~SEVEN~

SEVEN: Ben From Soc?

Words: 898 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: my baby brothers watching peppa pig rn...peppa and her friends are so manipulative their poor grandpa-
***

Ali and Bev walked out of the pharmacy and it wasn't until they were fully outside on the streets that they began to shudder and rub their arms profusely.

"Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting." Beverly gasped.

Ali shook her head. "I carry mace with me for safety and I've never been happier that I did."

After a few more minutes of ranting about how much of a creep Keene was, they both began to laugh.

"How much money did you take?" Bev looked at the handful of money Ali had passed her.

Ali laughed mischievously. "I have no idea! But I do know that I stole from the ten-dollar pile so..."

Bev counted the pile in her hand and gasped.

"A hundred-sixty!"

They both laughed and Ali passed Bev a cigarette. They lit their cigarettes and began to walk down the sidewalk, towards Bill who was at the end of the sidewalk.

Bill meekly put out his hand and tried to give the girls two dollar bills but Bev and Ali shook their heads.

Bev showed Bill her pack of Marlboro and winked. "Even Steven."

Ali offered him a cigarette but he shook his head. Ali then offered him a stick of gum from her pack of gum and he accepted.

"Oh my god, he's bleeding, oh my god!"

Bev and Ali looked over to the corner and were wide-eyed.

Richie and Stanley stood and were surrounding a bleeding boy. He was familiar but Ali couldn't remember what his name was.

He looked beaten up, his clothing ripped, dirty and blood-soaked. His chunk of a belly was exposed and there was a cut. A bloody 'H' on it.

Eddie was on the ground, going through his fanny pack and the items they had stolen from the pharmacy.

"Ben from Soc?" Bev suddenly began to walk towards the boys. Ali and Bill followed.

"You have to suck the wound before you apply the bandage, this is 101!" Richie insisted.

"You don't know what you're talking about!" Eddie said in a tone of annoyance.

"Are you okay?" Bev stood by Richie, staring at 'Ben from Soc' and the cut on his belly. "That looks like it hurts!"

As soon as Bev had come into Ben's view, his cheeks flushed pink. "N-no, I'm good. I just fell."

"Yeah, right into Henry Bowers." Richie scoffed.

Bill shot him a dirty look. "Sh-shut it, Richie."

"Why?" Richie shrugged. "It's the truth."

Ali observed as Eddie attended to the cut on Ben's stomach.

"Yeah, sounds about right." Ali sighed. "This is definitely something Bowers would do." She looked at Ben. "Did he say something about carving his name on you?"

Ben nodded sadly. "Yeah. And he would've too. If I hadn't escaped."

Ali nodded. "Yeah. He tells me that, too."

Eddie turned his focus away from Ben for a second to stare wide-eyed at Ali.

"He does?" He gasped.

"Yeah." Ali rolled her eyes. "He always tells me 'One day, I'm gonna carve my name on your arm so everybody knows who you belong to.'"

Ali shuddered thinking of it and Eddie looked bewildered.

"That's awful."

Ali smirked. "Tell me about it. Anyway, you sure you know what you're doing?"

Eddie nodded, turning his attention back to Ben's wound. "Yeah. I've been sent to the hospital more times in a week than an adult does his whole life. I basically live there on weekends so yeah, I know what I'm doing."

Bev stepped up and smiled at Ben. "You sure they got the right stuff to fix you up?"

Ben's face turned a scarlet red and he smiled back. It must have been an inside joke of some sort because nobody else found it amusing.

"W-we'll take care of him." Bill assured Bev. "Thanks again, y-y-you guys."

Bev nodded. "Sure. And call me Bev." She made out like she was about to leave. "Maybe I'll see you around."

She made her way around the corner when Bill stopped her.

"We're going to the quarry tomorrow!" He called out. "You could come. Y-y'know, if you w-want. You too, Ali."

Bev grinned. "Sure. Thanks. I guess I will be seeing you around."

Ali shrugged. "Maybe. Good to know though, thanks."

Bev waved goodbye to Bill, Ben and the other boys. But before she went off, she whispered a small "thank you" to Ali before she left.

"I better get going too." Ali said looking down at her watch. She then realized she was still missing her jacket. "Which one of you guys have my jacket?"

"Oh, here!" Stan tossed the jacket at her.

"Alright." Ali slipped into the jacket and smirked, putting out her cigarette which had run out anyway. "Bye, losers."

The boys waved goodbye as Ali walked off, disappearing from view.

"You're well red." Stanley pat Eddie in the back.

"N-no I'm not!" Eddie gasped.

"Sure." Ben smirked.

"Sh-shut up!" Eddie was wide-eyed.

"Careful." Bill laughed. "You're starting to s-sound like me."

Eddie rolled his eyes as his friends laughed, but the back of his mind was replaying the moments he had seen Ali.