~THIRTY-NINE~

THIRTY-NINE: Scared, love?

Words: 21132 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: andbdijabd
***

Ali woke up in a daze.

Her eyesight was a bit blurry and it took a bit for her to adjust properly.

She felt cold water all around her and there was this gross stench that hung in the air, wafting into her nose.

She began to cough at the smell and sat up with a jolt.

She had just noticed that she was completely soaked, head-to-toe. She looked around herself once her eyesight was finally close to normal again and realized she was still in the sewers.

She was in another sewage canal tunnel.

All around her was sewage water. Greywater.

Disgusted, Ali stood up and began to look around. She tried to collect her thoughts and remember what had happened to her and how she ended up here.

Ok. Beverly went missing...us losers went to Neibolt to save her...Henry tried to kill us...then Stan and that lady...Bill going missing...looking for him and Bev and then Eddie and I-

Ali froze.

Eddie. Where the hell was Eddie?

She took a step forward and stepped on something. She looked down and something rolled toward her.

She picked it up.

Her heart stopped a bit when she saw it was Eddie's aspirator.

She clutched it in her hand tightly before standing back up.

"Eddie?" She called out unsurely. "Eddie! Where are you?!"

At first there was only complete silence. The only sound Ali could hear was the sound of her own beating chest growing more frantic and more alarmed by the minute. Then-

"I'm right here." Eddie's voice replied.

Suddenly, Ali heard splashing behind her. It was rapid splashing. As if somebody was running towards her from behind, in the water.

She turned around swiftly and to her horror, was met by the deceased and rotting corpse of Eddie Kaspbrak.

There was a shard of glass piercing at his chest and blood streamed down his face and shirt.

It wasn't exactly a corpse though. It was very much alive. But it wasn't Eddie. It. It was It.

Ali uttered a small scream and backed away. She began to run to god-knows-where. She didn't know where to go. She just knew that she had to get out of there and run.

She was a fast runner and she knew it. She probably could have even outrun It. And she could have, she really could have.

If it weren't for her hair.