~THIRTY-SIX~

THIRTY-SIX: Well House

Words: 1140 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: how r u
***

By the time Ali and Eddie were about to reach Neibolt, the others had crossed paths with them. Stanley, Mike, Bill, Ben, and Richie. The whole group was there except for Beverly. It felt weird to look at.

Like Ali, Mike had a gun with him. He wore a whole sash full of ammo. By his side, Ben was on his bike and by Ben's was Richie. By Richie's was a much paler-faced Stanley. At the front was Bill. He looked the most unafraid out of all of them.

Eddie and Ali joined the group and together, they all rode away to Neibolt Street.

When they reached the street, Ali instantly felt a cold and odd shiver snake up her spine and she suddenly felt like they were being watched.

She slowed her pedalling involuntarily but still followed close behind Ben. Eddie noticed the look on her face and he slowed too.

"We'll be okay." Eddie smiled a bit. 'I hope' his mind had finished for him in his head.

"Sure." Ali shrugged him off and rode faster, not wanting to even look at Eddie Kaspbrak.

Eddie stayed where he was, sad but knowing if he followed after her it would do no good.

The losers finally made it.

The house in front of them looked a lot scarier and dangerous than Ali remembered. She could've sworn that from an angle, the front of the house looked like a face. And it was grinning at them.

The losers dropped their bikes by the sidewalk and walked towards the house.

They all paused for a bit but with a nod from Bill, they began to trail up the steps that lead to the house.

Richie stopped though and the others looked at him.

He walked over to the tray of empty bottles that Ali had gone to on that day and took out one of the bottles. It was a Sprite bottle.

They all wondered what he was going to do.

Richie then walked toward the stairs' railing, bottle in hand, and the losers watched as he smashed the bottle against the railing. He did what Ali did on that day. Or at least tried to.

He had smashed too much of the bottle and instead of leaving himself with the neck of the bottle, he broke the whole thing. The bottle shattered and glass fell to the ground. Richie looked down at his hand pathetically. All that was left was the bottle cap and a small piece of glass. He let it drop from his hand. He turned to the losers, no more bottle in hand, looking embarrassed.

He shrugged and joined them.

With no more further interruptions, the losers made their way into the house and into incoming doom.

The house was darker now. More sinister. A smell of garbage, sewer smell, hung in the air. There was a sense of evil lurking around here, they could feel it.

Bill at the front and leading them, they made their way into another room. This was the room Eddie had fallen into. The room where Beverly had impaled the clown with that pole. The last room they had all been in together before they broke up.

They all took a double-take and stepped back a bit, except for Ben and Bill. Both didn't care about the room. They just wanted to get to Beverly before it was too late.

Ali could still feel the shivers running down her back and it didn't help when she saw Eddie. Not because of Eddie himself but the look on his face.

She expected him to look all scared and his face all twisty, but instead he just looked sad and guilty. Ashamed. Ali knew he looked that way because of her.

Her eyes suddenly looked down at his cast. She remembered the day after their first encounter with this house. She had gone to the arcade to clear her head. The pharmacy was right across from there and Ali remembered seeing Eddie go into the pharmacy. Panicked, she ended up hiding behind a bench to make sure she wouldn't be seen.

There was something around his arm, the cast, but she hadn't been able to really see what it was and only assumed it was a sleeve of his shirt or something like that. A few minutes later, he came out of the drugstore.

The thing on his arm was no longer blank but there was something on it. Seemed to be a written something but Ali couldn't fully read what was on it before Eddie turned the other way and walked home. Ali saw him wiping at something in his eyes but she never realized he'd been crying.

A few seconds later, Greta Bowie came out of the drugstore. She had this big smirk on her face but Ali had never actually realized what had happened.

Until now. At the Neibolt house.

She looked away before she could think more of it.

Poor Eddie. She thought.

But she pushed away the thought. That poor Eddie was the same Eddie who abandoned them. Who abandoned her. She can't feel sympathy for him! She won't! She refused to.

She sped up her walking and caught up to Bill, who looked surprisingly unafraid but instead steely-faced like he was angry or focused. Ali looked back and saw Ben had the same look on his face. But there was something else in his face too. Worry. There was worry.

Ali sighed and slowed a bit. She didn't want to walk ahead of Bill. There was just this unspoken thing about it that made it seem like Bill was the leader. He was the one who needed to be in front. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It was just a thing. Just something that felt right.

The losers continued to walk and Bill led them to the door he had entered. The door he had entered and saw the clown go into the well in.

The losers slowly made their way into it.

They could see the well now. It was an old-looking, musty well. It was in the middle of the room and the losers could smell the sewers from it.

When Ali, who was last in line, made it into the room, the door behind them shut. She groped the doorknob and twisted it but it didn't budge.

She exchanged looks with the others and they all nodded knowingly.

This was final.

They were either going to beat this clown or die in this house.

They all looked at the well. They knew what they had to do.

Bill put on a false smirk-smile.

"So...who's g-going in first?"