~FOURTY~

FOURTY: Void

FOURTY: Void

Words: 994 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: soo...shit went down. And um i just wamna make clear that this fic is about eddie kaspbrak the character and not jack dylan grazer the actor. I still dont know much about everything thats been going on im still looking into it but i just wanna make THAT clear before i continue on with this book. Thank you, hope u enjoy.
***

Longing for his aspirator and panting like a dog after a marathon, Eddie continued to bolt down the isle as fast as he could. He reached out to the shelves and knocked off jars and bottles as a weak attempt of slowing It down. They shattered to the ground and made the loudest of noises but it did nothing to help his fate.

"Leave me alone!" He screamed, daring a look behind him.

He wished he hadn't because now he saw that It had returned to Ali-form. Instead of the clown chasing him, it was 'Ali.' It was grinning, holding a sharp shard of bloody glass in one hand, ready to plunge into and stab Eddie with it.

"Eddie-Bear! Wait up!" It taunted in its Ali voice.

"No! Fuck you!" Eddie shrieked.

He had been running for at least five minutes now and had reached no end to the isle. He knew eventually he was going to completely run out of breath.

Maybe he would pass out and fall unconscious to the ground where It would be able to sink Its sharp, awful teeth into him. Maybe he would just simply suffocate to death and It-Ali would watch and cackle as he tried to grasp onto life but fail miserably. Or maybe, though this maybe was the most seemingly impossible out of all of them, he would toughen up and continue to run until he miraculously reaches the end of the isle and run to the real Ali and his friends and he would go on to live for the rest of his life.

He didn't know what the outcome would really be but he continued to run and run. He ignored his shortness of breath and the aching pain in both his legs and head. And when giving up seemed to be the most appetizing option he had, he would only run faster.

"Eds, you should just quit while you're ahead!" It-Ali sneered behind him. "You'll die anyway. You and all your friends will! Even your precious Valerie Sumner!"

"Shut up!" Eddie screamed. He had considered pressing his hands against his ears to block out It's obnoxious sneers, but it would only slow him down. And though he didn't want to talk about it, It was gaining on him. If he paused for even less than ten seconds, he would be screwed.

As he continued to race down the endless drugstore isle, he wondered what Ali was doing and if she was okay. Because he sure was not.

***
Ali had no idea where she was.

She felt like she was floating. Drifting away from reality like a balloon who's string had been cut. Except in this situation, Ali's string had been her mind.

She looked around herself and she was in what seemed to be an endless white, bright void of nothingness.

It reminded her of the videos she used to watch with her uncle. Her uncle worked at a mental hospital and he would sometimes come home with a bag of security tapes from the solidarity room of different patients staying there,  for research.

You could tell the patients in those rooms were truly mentally ill. Some of them would laugh or scream for the whole fifteen hours that they were in the room. Or worse, some of them would stay in complete and utter silence with just a dim look on their faces .

After meeting Henry Bowers, Ali had guessed someday he would end up in one of those rooms and the thought made her shiver.

The void she was in reminded her of those rooms so much it almost scared her. What if she would go mad like those patients had?

'Hello?!' She yelled out.

Her voice echoed back to her.

Shit. What the fuck do I do now?

All Ali had remembered was looking into that clown's eyes and now she was suddenly here. What the fuck was going on?

Suddenly, there was a metal whirring sound that surrounded her and she jumped.

She looked around and there was an odd grey mist filling the void. Again, it seemed endless.

Through the grey haze, Ali thought she could see someone. Someone with red cropped hair and...

Ali blinked and she could've sworn she had seen Beverly Marsh. Beverly fucking Marsh. She seemed to be floating in the air, her eyes blank and staring upwards.

But before Ali could take a closer look though, she felt her own self begin to float and hover over the ground.

She looked down and saw she really was being lifted into the air by some unseeable force.

'Help!' She yelled and was alarmed at how weak and small her voice sounded. 'Shit! Help me please!'

She looked around again and she could finally confirm her thought. It was Beverly she had seen through the dirty haze of grey.

Beverly was hovering in the air and her eyes were a cold set of blank. She seemed dazed and seemed as if she wasn't staring into anything at all but was. Her mouth was agape like she was scared of something.

'Beverly!' Ali screamed. 'Bev! Can you hear me?! What's going on?! Are you okay?! Beverly! Beverly Marsh!'

Beverly didn't even flinch.

Ali tried to yell again but she couldn't because dust had begun to swarm around her and pierced at her eyes.

She closed her eyes shut, feeling helpless and distraught.

She suddenly felt the storm around her calm and she opened her eyes.