~SEVENTEEN~

SEVENTEEN: Rock War!

Words: 981 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: ok im sorry but that scene where richie just gets a rock yeeted at his face after calling out for rock war just- AJSNBDDJSJ-
***

Ali, Bev and the others walked their way through tall grass and were suddenly face-to-face with a river. Over across the shore on the other side, there were five figures.

Ali, Bev and their group stared in horror at Mike Hanlon and Henry Bowers, Victor, Belch and that blonde guy. If they had stopped to do a double-take, they would've noticed that Patrick Hockstetter wasn't with them.

But they didn't.

They were too focused on how Mike Hanlon was pinned to the rocky ground while Henry continuously struck him across the face ruthlessly and his mates cheered him on.

"I told you to stay out of my town!" Henry roared over the laughter of his friends and the desperate pleads for help from Mike.

Ali was almost shaking with anger. She bent down to grab a stone but Bev had beaten her to it. Bev plucked a stone, a nice hand-sized one, and flung it at Bowers. It hit him in the head.

Ali and her exchanged a high-five.

"Nice throw." Stanley said, behind them.

"Thanks." Bev smirked.

Henry and his gang ditched Mike and turned to face the 'losers.'

"You losers are trying too hard, y'know." Henry flashed them a smug smile. She motioned to Bev. "She'll do you. You just gotta ask nicely." Henry grabbed his groin and Ali looked away in disgust when he began to rub it nastily. "Like I did."

Ben let out a sudden battle cry-like roar and lunged a rock at Henry. It hit him in the head and he stumbled a bit, slightly dazed.

"What the fuck?!" He tried to check on his forehead but before he could, Ali threw another rock. It struck Blech's left arm and he howled in pain.

That rock set off destruction and chaos within seconds.

Like animals, Eddie and Ben let out shrieks as they threw rocks across the river. Ali would've giggled at the look on Eddie's face but she didn't have time to.

She was ducking and dodging rocks from all sides. When the rocks had finally calmed down on Ali's side, she could finally reach some rocks and throw it over.

"ROCK WAR!!!" Richie roared. He turned to Ali for a high-five.

Ali laughed and tried to return his well-deserved high-five but seconds after his rock war announcement, Victor had lunged a rock, catching Richie's head and he went down.

"Ooh..." Ali winced but didn't have time to help him because she too, was getting attacked by both Belch and the blonde guy.

Ali stifled a yelp when Belch struck her leg but she got her revenge by returning a rock to them and hitting Belch in the eye.

It was a miracle how either team was still alive.

Bill had been hit in the same eye five times now but he was still going. Ben and Eddie were in the water, screeching madly and swinging out rocks at a rapid speed. Both had been hit in the faces but neither cared. Beverly had been struck in the leg and she was limping a bit but she managed.

Richie had recovered and was backing up Ben and Eddie's battle cries by screaming nonsense at nobody in particular. Stanley was taking his time, ducking and dodging. He had barely been hit, only a few times in the face, and he didn't throw as fast as the others. But at least his throws actually hit.

Stanley, Bev and Ali were the only ones who were really paying attention to their throws. They had the best aims out of the groups and their rocks hit and struck nicely while the others just threw blindly and screeched like bats, just hoping their rocks would hit someone.

They all had barely noticed the pain. Adrenaline had taken over. All their wounds would hurt like hell later but right now, they just concentrated on getting their hits on the Bowers team.

Bill, Eddie, Richie, and Stanley were especially oblivious to the pain, only satisfied with this slight revenge on Bowers and his gang who had tortured them for years now.

Ben and Ali had just moved so they weren't around for long and hadn't been tortured by the Bowers team as much as they had, while Mike was usually out of town which meant he didn't get the worst of it either. Beverly's real main nemesis was Greta Bowie with only the occasional pervy comments from Henry.

Bill, Eddie, Richie and Stanley had gotten the worst from the Bowers gang for years now and the satisfaction they felt as they lunged rocks was immeasurable.

This was a sweet feeling. Real sweet.

Eventually, Belch, Victor and the blonde guy had fled the scene, leaving only Henry behind on the rocky ground in a bleeding heap.

Meanwhile, Mike Hanlon was making his way across the river to the others, weak but relieved. Eddie helped him up and he and the others began to walk off until Richie was the only one left.

"Go blow your dad, you mullet-wearing asshole!" Richie yelled, sticking both middle fingers up at Henry, before following his friends outta there.

"Thanks, guys." Mike smiled sadly at them. "But you shouldn't have done that. Now they'll be after you too."

"Who, Bowers?" Eddie almost scoffed. "He's always after us."

Ali put an assuring hand on Mike's back, helping him stand up properly. He had gotten pretty beaten up before they got to him.

"Might as well beat him up if he's gonna continue on being an asshole anyway, hm?" Ali smirked.

Richie grinned. "Yeah! Welcome to the losers' club, homeschool!"