~TWENTY-NINE~

TWENTY-NINE: Alive But Better Off Dead

Words: (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: how u doin? :)
***

Ali had a pounding feeling in her chest that whatever they were about to see by that doorway would haunt her for the rest of her life.

And she was right.

When they got to the doorway, they were met with a dirty sofa in the middle of the room. It was scratched up, dusty and dirty. There were rust-colored stains on it that Ali could only assume was blood, but didn't want to assume it was anything but just stains.

"Oh. Not bad." Ali muttered, chuckling slightly. But it wasn't a happy laugh, it was nervous and scared laughter.

Suddenly, the couch began to shake and the floor did as well. Ali ate her words back when suddenly a head popped out of the couch.

The head belonged to Eddie's but it wasn't exactly his. It was all bloody and scratched. It was grey and his hair looked like a bloody mop. He had scars, cuts and wounds all over his face and he wore a chilling grin, displaying a row of black teeth.

"Shit." Ali wanted to take back what she had said.

"You wanna play loogie?" The Eddie head sneered. Nobody said anything.

The head in the couch began to laugh, almost cackle actually. It began to laugh and laugh and laugh until it began to shake and shudder like it was hyperventilating. The couch and the floor began to shake too.

It was like one big horror movie party where instead of happy music to dance to, it was the music you listen to before death or impending doom.

Then the shaking stopped. Ali, Bill and Richie looked at the Eddie head with wide, scared eyes.

The Eddie head opened its mouth and a black liquid came flowing out of it. It kept coming out until the black liquid flowed across the floor and made its way toward the three of them.

The Eddie head let out one last cackle before popping back into the couch and disappearing from view.

Ali, Bill and Richie stared at the liquid and realized it was coming right for them.

"I don't know what the fuck that is." Ali gulped. "But I never wanna find out."

"Me neither." Bill grabbed both Ali and Richie's arms and tugged them backwards.

They all turned around to run but they were met with something else.

The mini hallway they were in before disappeared and suddenly they were in a different room.

In front of them was a set of three doors.

One was marked "Not Scary At All." The one next to it was marked "Scary." While the last one was marked "Very Scary."

Each door was marked with blood.

The three of them stared at the doors.

"Fuck."

***

Eddie woke up in a daze.

His head hurt and he couldn't feel his right arm. His eyes were starting to adjust to the light that was blaring at him when he remembered where he was and what had happened.

When he was met with the leper, he had fainted out of fear and fell down the hole that opened up below him.

He crashed into the floor below and landed on a wooden table, breaking it in half, before passing out once again.

He looked up at the ceiling.

There was a giant hole there but to his relief, the leper was gone.

He suddenly realized he was struggling to breathe again and went to reach for his inhaler. He grabbed it and took a gasping puff.
He looked down at his lap and noticed there was something wrong with his right arm.

He almost gagged at the sight of it. It was twisted in an unnatural way.

He had broken it, that was for sure. Adrenaline had rushed through his veins and he couldn't feel the pain of his right arm.

The pain'll come later.

He began to try to stand up when he heard an eery tapping noise.

Eddie froze.

He looked up and saw there was a busted up refrigerator in front of him, towering over him.

The door was slightly open and Eddie stared in horror as a hand of bony, gross fingers tapped against the side of the door. It tapped in a rhythmic, almost mocking but harmonic tune.

Eddie let out a gasp that sounded more like a whimper and began to back away. He was still on the ground and was crawling backwards.

The refrigerator door slowly opened up, revealing a terrifying sight.

It was that clown.

But it didn't look normal, not that it ever did.

The clown was upside down and his limbs were placed weirdly in the fridge. It looked like someone had folded it into the fridge.

Eddie could do nothing but watch in horror as the clown began to unfold itself and slowly walk out of the fridge.

Its limbs slowly came to place until he was a full clown again.

It stood in front of Eddie, towering over him with a grin on its face.