~TWENTY-SEVEN~

Twenty-Seven: Hallway

Words: 1079 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: no note just enjoyy :))
***

Ali's eyes slowly fluttered open, her right eye first then her left. She was pretty sleepy for some reason and she was about to fall back unconscious when everything that had just happened instantly came back to her.

She gasped and jolted up, frantically searching her surroundings.

She wasn't where she was before. In that small room where she and Bill were desperately trying to get their friends back from closed and locked doors. No, she was somewhere else.

She was in a hallway.

It wasn't all dirty or gross as the places she had previously been in the house. It was actually clean and decent.

The walls were a striped beige and the floors were covered in red carpet. Rows of fluorescent  lights were lined across the beige ceiling, emitting a dim lighting in the hallway. A smell of chlorine hung in the air as if there was a swimming pool nearby.

Ali instantly felt like she was in one of those hotels she and her mother would never have been able to afford.

She had never been to one of those classy hotels, yet she felt as if she had because the hotel-like feeling to this hallway somehow felt familiar to her.

Ali turned around to look behind her and almost laughed at the cliche of what she saw.

The hallway was seemingly endless. She could not find a wall that ended off the hallway. It was so far off Ali was convinced she would have to run for ages but even so, wouldn't even be halfway to the end.

The endlessness to the hallway was the only thing that brought her back to her senses and instincts.

She wasn't where she thought she was. She was still in that damned house and she knew it.

Suddenly the chlorine smell that hung in the air wasn't alone anymore. Ali could smell something else. Cigarette smoke.

Ali felt a shiver down her spine and she looked around the floors, searching for the bottle she had brought into the house with her. She spotted it a little bit away from her.

It was shattered into different pieces so Ali grabbed the biggest piece. She held the shard in her hand and her eyes travelled around the hallway, suddenly cautious of her environment again.