12: Drunk Gaiana

Today 10:00 pm
Asshole
Mia bella. Why aren't you
picking up your phone

I locked my phone and placed it back in the front pocket of my denim top. I was in the center of a club wearing a skin-tight black skirt, a black lace bralette, thigh-high suede stiletto boots, and an open jean button-up top that I stole from Marco. I had my hair straightened and gelled up into a high ponytail, silver hoop earrings, a black choker, and my heirloom hanging down below it. My make-up was dark with smoky eyes, winged liner, and bright red lipstick.

I sat at the bar and lifted a finger. "Another, please." I sweet-talked the bartender to overlook my fake ID and keep serving me drinks. The guy set down a shot of tequila and another rum and coke. I gave him a wink and smiled. "Thanks, babe." I turned and looked out into the crowd. For a Monday night, this place was packed.

By nine, I finished packing my stuff and dropped it off at the Famiglia estate. I wanted to let loose and forget, so I decided to stop by here. It was a popular club with a name I forgot and I drank a couple of shots. Not enough where I'll blackout and forget this whole night, but enough to loosen my tight muscles and clear up my muddled mind.

*Bing*

Only if this motherfucker would stop texting me. I stalled for a few minutes and watched the drunken crowd, but the urge to look at my phone overcame me. I let out a sigh and pulled out my phone to look at my texts.

Today 10:15 pm
Asshole
Gaiana where are you

Today 10:15 pm
Asshole
Alex told me what happened
and you're not at your house.
Where are you so we can
talk

Today 10:16 pm
Asshole
Hanna has your location.
I'm on my way

Oh my fucking god. I can't catch a break, can I? I checked the time. Shit. That message was sent ten minutes ago. I need to leave before they get here. I dropped two fifties on the counter, waved at the bartender, and headed straight for the door. Only to be stopped by the sight of Luca with the rest of the group. I quickly turned around and headed for the back door.

"Gaiana," I heard over the crowd. I kept walking, pretending that that wasn't my name. I kept going, pushing my way through the crowd. "Gaiana!" I heard his voice closer to me. I sped up, trying to make it to the back hallway. I was almost there when I felt a hand go around my arm. "Gaiana, let me explain."

I pushed off his arm and kept walking. "Fuck off, asshole," I said over my shoulder. I walked down the hall and saw the exit sign. Walking towards it, I said, "Why don't you go back to Stephany's bed. Since I wouldn't give you some you went ahead and slept with the next girl who opened her legs for you. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't Jessica."

"Gaiana!" Ooh, now he's getting mad. I stopped and turned with my pissed-off face. "Let me explain. I didn't sleep with her. She asked for a ride to her tutor since Britany left to go fuck some guy. I was either set up, or someone found this the perfect opportunity to break us up. But I promise you that I didn't sleep with her."

"Now, why the hell should I trust you," I asked.

He ran his hands through his hair and groaned. "Because..." He sighed and looked into my eyes. "Because I have deep feelings for you? I wouldn't say love but it's pretty damn close." He dropped the L-word. That son of a- "And I don't want to fuck this up. I want this." He reached out and pulled me towards him by my waist. "I want you. I need you in my life."

"This is the reason you give for me to trust you," I deadpanned. "I told you I'm giving you only one chance."

"And I told you that's all I need. Mia bella, I would never jeopardize our relationship for sex. As I said, you are all I want and need."