32: Plans

I was aware of everything around me, but my eyes were so heavy. I couldn't open them to tell everyone not to worry. "Mia bella, please wake up," I heard being whispered to my left. My left hand was cradled in Luca's larger one as his thumb rubbed circles on the back of it. "It's been a month since I've seen those pretty blue eyes." A month!

"How is she," asked a familiar voice. I tried to think from where when it clicked. It was Ben, Vincent's brother. What is he doing here?

"Nothing," Luca said, defeated.

I heard footsteps get closer to Luca and a pat, probably against his back. "Hang in there. She will wake when she's ready."

I tried to stay aware when I slowly drifted deeper into the darkness.

:::

The next time I woke up, my eyelids were lighter and I could open them. I blinked a couple of times and looked around. I noticed we were back home in the medical room. My left hand had no feeling, or well the static feeling in it, and I looked down. Luca was uncomfortably hunched over, asleep, with my hand clenched in his and under his head. I tried to move my hand and Luca jumped up, half-aware of his surroundings since he was half asleep.

"Wha- What's going on," he mumbled as he looked around. He rubbed his eyes adorably and my heart warmed. I think I've fully fallen for this man.

"Hello, όμορφος," I whispered with a smile. He turned towards me with wide, blurry eyes.

"Mia bella," he whispered back like he didn't believe I was awake.

I scooted over and patted the bed next to me. "Come lay down. You need to rest." I noticed the dark bags under his eyes.

He nodded like a little kid and rubbed his eyes again. He sat up on the bed and laid next to me. "This dream is a cruel one, but I will go along." He turned towards me and wrapped me up in his arms. "Since this is a dream, I can say this without being hit. I love you." I watched as a content smile rested on his face.

I felt my heart speed up and I smiled back. I cuddled into him and whispered back, "I love you, too."

"Yep, definitely a dream." With that, he fell back asleep. I huffed out a small laugh and closed my eyes in content. I didn't know how tired I was until I closed my eyes and fell into a peaceful sleep.

:::

I woke up to Luca swearing under his breath and trying to carefully get off of the bed. I furrowed my eyebrows and tightened my arms around him. He froze and whispered, "Mia bella?"

"Shut up and let me sleep," I mumbled into his chest.

I felt his hands cup my cheeks and kisses being placed all over my face. "You're awake!"

"Yes. Now let me sleep," I said grumpily. He laughed and held me against him.

"Sleep as much as you want." I was about to do just that when the door was opened.

"What the hell is the commotion all about," asked Marco.

"She's awake. Well, sleepy but not in a coma." There goes my precious sleep.

I sighed and opened my eyes. "Hey," I said in a yawn.

I saw Marco smile as he walked up to my side. "Hey, kid. You're awake."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah. No thanks to you." I yawned again.

"I didn't miss your attitude."

"Good for you." I let out a third yawn. "Damn I can't stop yawning."