10: Problems

It's Sunday morning and the girls and I decided to take the rookies out for a morning run. The four agreed to join, surprisingly. There was Gage Hawke, Janelle Jackman, Victor Cohen, and Mireya Kinchla. Victor had pale skin with piercings, tousled brown hair, and unique eyes. One eye was icy blue while the other was the same but with a hazel brown splotch on the bottom left of it. Mireya had honey skin scattered with freckles, brown hair, and electric blue eyes. All four were supposed to move in by the end of the week.

"Everyone good back there," I called behind me. I was the leader of the pack.

"I say we take a break," Jay called up to me. "They look like they need it."

I stopped and turned around. All four were dripping with sweat and huffing for air. Don't get me wrong, they all looked fit, but they might be more fit for fighting than cardio. "Come on. It's only been an hour." Victor was huffing with his hands on his knees, Mireya was gulping down her water, Gage had his hands on his head, breathing deeply, and Janelle was laying out on someone's lawn gasping for air. I sighed. "Fine. Come along. Let's go back to the house."

"I've fallen and I can't get up," I heard Janelle whine dramatically. It took everything in me to not laugh. Gage rolled his eyes, bent down, and lifted his girlfriend into his arms.

"Come on, you lazy ass," he said as he lifted her. I let a small laugh slip and led everyone back to the estate.

Once we entered, I instructed, "Go get some breakfast, you guys will need it." I checked my watch and saw it was only eight in the morning. "Meet in the training room at ten." Then I dismissed everyone as they ran to get some food.

"Victor, I swear to God, if you eat the last of the bacon," I heard Sam yell. I laughed and shook my head.

Everyone instantly clicked when I brought all of them here last night. Well, sort of. It was easy to gain that family bond between most of them. I had Han do a quick but thorough background check on them last night and she said they were all free of any business with other Famiglias and gangs. That made them perfect recruits. I learned that Gage and Janelle were both in college, fighting for extra money, and lived together. Victor and Mireya go to the same high school together but in a city over from us. They were to transfer to our school by next week to make their move easier.

I laughed and was about to join them when I heard a knock at the door. I quickly pulled out the Glock taped underneath the front foyer table and put it behind my back. I cocked it when I unlocked the door. I took a peek and my shoulders relaxed. "You know, texting me before you come will benefit you," I sassed as our guests came in. Relaxing my arm, the gun fell to my side.

He took the gun from my hand and held it. "Were you going to shoot me Gaiana Thanos," asked Luca with a false gasp. "Now that we're together, you're trying to get rid of me."

"No," I rolled my eyes. "If I were to get rid of you, you'd already be dead," I shrugged. He laughed and pulled me into his chest by my waist. I giggled along. He thought I was joking.

"You guys are gross," Alex complained.

"Fuck off," I laughed.

I noticed Victor popped his head out from the kitchen and his eyes drew up and down my brother. We heard him whisper, "I volunteer as tribute," then he took a bite of the bacon in his hand.

"Is that the last piece of bacon," we all heard Sam screech. Victor's eyes widened before going back into the kitchen.

"Who was that," asked Alex with a laugh.

"One of the recruits. His name is Victor." I felt Luca nuzzle his face into my neck and give it a little nip.

"A guy is going to live under the same roof as you," growled Luca. Someone is a little jealous.