Bonus Chapter: Bet

a month after chapter 33

We sat around our cars, watching the races that were leading up to the final event. I was going to race, but what kind of host invites people to a race and kicks all their asses? Sadly, that won't happen this time around. However, I do have a special surprise for the final race.

The girls that counted down the start of the races were allowed to choose what they wanted to wear. Some girls chose to wear mini skirts and some chose skin-tight pants. I never enforce wearing a bikini, especially with the nights getting colder as winter approaches. That's just cruel.

"Hey, Gaia," yelled Bri as she ran up to the girls and me with Rome following after her.

"Hey, Bri," I greeted her with a hug. "Glad you guys could make it."

"We would have been here earlier but someone took forever to get ready." Bri looked over at Rome.

"What," Rome cried. "I want to look my best to be on my girl's arm."

"You always look great, Rome," Bri sighed.

"Oh, I wasn't talking about you." He walked around me and threw his arm around Jay's shoulder. "I was talking about my little bluejay here."

Jay scoffed, "You could never get to my level." She had her hand propped on her hip as she rolled her eyes.

Bri gave him a look and Rome chuckled nervously. "I'm kidding, doll." He walked back over to Bri and wrapped her up in his arms, kissing her cheek. "You're my only girl. Either way, Jay's too fugly for me."

"What the fuck, Rome!"

"Hush, little bluejay. I'm talking to my boo thang."

"Don't hush me. I will cut you."

"Empty threats," Rome said as he brushed off her threat with a wave of his hand.

"I'll show you empty threats." Jay charged after Rome while he screamed and ran away from our group.

"He gets on my nerves," sighs Bri and we all laughed because Rome has always been this way.

My phone starts ringing and I break away from the conversation. When I saw his image, I quickly answered. "Hello, puppy," I purred with an evil smile on my lips.

"Baby, do I really need to wear this?"

I hummed. "Who lost the bet?" We had a bet to see who would last longer without getting into a fight at school. Not the best thing to be betting on, but I won so it doesn't matter. One football player tried to get with me and it all went downhill from there. There were moments where punching Jessica in the face was tempting, but I held back. Apparently, Luca gets pretty territorial when guys flirt with me.

"Yes but, mia bella, it's freezing outside."

"It's only fifty-two degrees outside."

"FREEZING."

I rolled my eyes. "It could be colder." He grumbled something that I couldn't catch. "Excuse me? Are you drawing back on a deal?"

He sighed. "No, I'm not."

"That's what I thought."

Luca growled. "You are going to be in so much trouble later, kitten." I felt a shiver go through my body and it was for sure not from the cold wind occasionally blowing by.

"We'll see," I replied before hanging up. I rejoined the girls and announced, "The final race is about to start." We all headed towards the front of the crowd to watch the finalists.

So, when I said the girls got to choose what to wear, I wasn't lying. However, if you lose a bet, you gotta do what is agreed upon. I bit my lip to keep the smile off my face as Luca came strutting out in a red speedo before the two finalists' cars. He tensed up as a cold breeze blew through before counting down. He lifted the red bandana in his hand before dropping it, signaling the start of the race. The cars took off as the crowd cheered.

Luca sped towards me before taking me and throwing me over his shoulder. I squealed, yelling, "I want to watch the race!"

"Too bad, mia bella. You're in trouble."

"What are you going to do about it?"

"You'll see," he purred before depositing me in the passenger seat of his car, quickly got dressed, and got in, taking off back to my house.