24: An Opportunity

I woke up ready for some morning sex when I realized my bed was empty of a certain person who could offer that. I turned my head and glared at the empty pillow. I hovered my hand over the area and realized that his side has grown cold. I sat up and looked around the room. His ass better not have left while I was asleep.

I noticed some of his clothes still on the ground and I sighed. I looked over at my bathroom and listened for any noise coming from that direction. After a few seconds, I concluded that he wasn't there. I huffed in irritation. Where the fuck did he go?

I got out of bed and picked up his discarded shirt on the ground before pulling it on and my panties. I tried to tame my bird nest I call hair since, during round two, he pulled it out of the bun it was in. I walked towards my bedroom door but froze at the movement I noticed outside on my balcony through the cracks of the curtains. I changed directions and peeked out, realizing the bulletproof glass door was closed with Luca on the other side, on his phone.

I sighed and silently cracked open the door because I was nosey. "I don't give a fuck if you think it's worth more than that," Luca growled. "That's our final offer."

I silently stepped through the doorway and closed the door behind me before walking up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist. His body tensed before he realized it was me and relaxed. I kissed his shoulder blade in front of me and laid my head against his back. The hand that wasn't holding his phone rested on my clasped hands on his stomach as he sighed.

Whatever the person on the other side of the line said pissed him off because in the next second, his body coiled and he growled out, "Fine then, Hernandez, we're done doing business with you." He paused, possibly because Hernandez was pleading for him not to hang up. He was silent for a minute before humming, "Very well. Nice doing business with you," and hung up his phone.

"So, which guy was Hernandez," I asked as I moved around until I faced Luca.

"Big Latino guy covered in tattoos. He was at the introductory dinner in the black and red suit."

"I remember him. He was attractive," I purred as I jokingly thought about him.

Luca sneered and pulled me tighter to his body. "No, he's not. I'm better looking than Hernandez," Luca boasted like a peacock.

"That's what you think." I stuck out my tongue and scrunched my nose.

"Oh really," he asked before hoisting me up over his shoulder and carrying me back into my bedroom as I squealed and laughed. "Maybe I should show you other ways I'm much better than Hernandez." He dropped me onto the bed before crawling over my body.

:::

We both walked into the kitchen for lunch when we heard a cheer. "Woo," yelled Sam. "You guys finally decided to make up!" She ran over to us and hugged us before punching Luca in the shoulder, "Dumbass thought it would be smart to lie." She rolled her eyes before walking away.

Luca gave me a what the fuck look and I shrugged. "If you ask me, you deserved it," I replied before reaching into the fridge for my pomegranate seeds to eat.

He looked like he was going to argue but thought better of it and shut his mouth. Good boy. He quickly made a sandwich before following me out to join the others out on the patio.

"Oh my god," yelled Bri. "You're so infuriating!" I looked at her and noticed she was yelling at a smirking Rome, who sat next to her.

"What's wrong, doll," he asked with a smirk. "It's the truth." Her cheeks flamed with either embarrassment or anger.

She clenched her fists. "Sometimes I just want to choke you," she growled.

"Oh, kinky," chuckled Rome as he threw his arm over the back of the sofa where she sat.

"That's not what I meant!" She slapped at his wandering hand that was trying to drape over her shoulder.

I laughed before taking a seat on one of the free cushioned chairs. Before I could fully sit, Luca pulled me back up and sat, pulling me onto his lap. I was sideways across his lap, so he rested his plate on my lap as he ate. I leaned back against the armrest and listened to our friends talk around me.

As I finished up my bowl of pomegranate seeds, I noticed someone missing. "Guys," I called out. Everyone quieted down and I asked, "Where's Marco?"

"He's inside the house," Rome informed. "He got a call from Stephano."

I nodded. "So, any new information gathered?"

"While you were busy fucking Luca," chuckled Jay. I glared and was about to throw the bowl in my lap, but realized it was my favorite bowl. So, I chose the next best thing and threw Luca's empty plate. She caught the plate in her hand and laughed. "No need to be embarrassed, Ana. Sex is a natural thing."

I blushed and glared. "Shut up, Jay."

"Ooh," yelled Sam as she raised her hand.

"Yes, Sam?"

"I heard about this party happening tonight."

"And why would a party be important," scoffed Ami.

Sam glared. "You know, I will fight you, Ami."

"Bring it on!" I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. It was obvious that the girls were antsy and on edge, after the many jobs we've been completing bringing us closer to our answer.

"What is the reason for the party," I loudly asked Sam.

"Oh," she said as she sat up straight. "I got a tip that the house we're going to belongs to a gang member. It was just a rumor but what would it hurt to check it out?"

"Who?"

"A Silver Bullet member."