Bonus Chapter: Monsters

six years after the epilogue

"Axel Antonio Thanos-Romano, get your butt back here," I yelled while I chased my little boy around the house. His little giggles rang through the house as his little five-year-old feet pattered around.

I turned the corner and my five-year-old daughter bumped into me. "Ouch, mama," Isidora mumbled.

I sighed, "I'm sorry, πολυαγαπημένος. (darling.)" I looked around for my little monster and asked, "Isi, do you know where your brother is?"

She shrugged. "Axel gave me something and told me to not tell you."

I groaned. "What did he give you?" She pulled out a piece of chocolate. "You are not supposed to eat dessert before dinner," I scolded. Her face turned to a puppy dog's and I bit my lip. "But," I whispered as I crouched down to her height, "I will let you eat it now if you tell me where he is." A mom's gotta do what a mom gotta do.

Her blue eyes lit up and she smiled. She pulled me closer with her hand on my shoulder. She cupped her hand and whispered in my ear, "He's in my closet."

I gasped and placed my hand over my mouth. She covered her mouth with her small hands and let out an angelic giggle. "Oh my. It's such a good spot, I would have not thought of that. Thank you very much, Isi."

She smiled up at me and said, "You're welcome, mama!" Then she skipped off, shoving the chocolate in her mouth. I stood with a smile as I watched my little girl. Now to find my other monster.

I walked up to Isidora's room and slowly walked in. "Hmm, I wonder where Axel could be." I heard him giggle and I smiled. I walked over to her bed and spoke out loud, "Is he in here?" I paused and then continued. "I guess not." I sighed. "Oh well. I guess he will miss out on his favorite dessert tonight. Some of mama's homemade cannolis with extra chocolate."

I had my back towards the closet when it slammed open. Then, a tiny body rammed into me with little arms wrapping around my waist. "No, mama! I'm here," he yelled as he stuffed his face into my side.

I gasped in surprise. "There's my little Τέρας! (Monster!) I looked everywhere for you!" I picked him up and sat him on my hip.

"I'm such a good hider!"

"Yes, you are," I laughed as I tickled his tummy. I walked out with him and down the stairs to the dining room.

Before I reached it, I heard a crash and an "Uh oh." I rushed in the same time Luca did from the kitchen. There on the floor was Isidora surrounded by spilled candy.

"Isidora Korinna Thanos-Romano," Luca said in a stern voice. She gave him her puppy dog eyes and I saw him instantly melt.

I groaned and tilted my head back. "Are you fucking kidding me," I groaned under my breath. It has been a long day. I thought I was quiet but I guess not enough.

I heard a small gasp and Axel wiggled out of my arms. "Papa! Mama said a bad word," Axel yelled as he pointed at me. He ran up to Luca and pulled at his arm. "Papa! Did you hear me?"

Luca laughed, "Yes, mio figlio. (my son.) I did. Mama will get in trouble later for what she said." He gave me a look telling me I will enjoy this "punishment" later. And I am looking forward to it after the day I had. "For now, let's eat dinner. Go help your sister clean up, please."

Axel nodded and walked over to Isidora, both cleaning the candy and putting them back in its plastic container. It's plastic for this very reason. Sneaky little monsters. But they are my children, getting into things they are not supposed to.

Luca sighed and walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my temple. "And you wanted another one," he asked.

I laughed. "I think we have our hands full with the twins. Plus I can borrow little Frankie from Jay if I really wanted to."

"That little two-year-old is already stealing ladies." I rolled my eyes and smacked his arm.

"Stop being jealous of a toddler."

"I'm not," he said defensively.

I laughed, "Sure you're not." I sighed in content as I watched my little monsters place the container back up and turned to us with large smiles. My happy little family.