18: Dinner

I jumped onto the sofa where Luca was sitting and asked, "Wanna be my date tonight?"

"Uh," he shifted a little, "I can't. I have a thing with my parents tonight." His eyes wouldn't meet mine.

I glared at him. "Okay." I sat up straight, crossed my arms, and moved away from him. I knew he was lying. He knows I know. I don't get why he tries anyways.

He was about to say something when our friends all came in talking and laughing, unaware of the tension between us. "What are we gonna watch," asked Victor.

Sam shrugged as she snuggled into Drake. "I don't know. Ask- Where's Ami and Chase?"

"She's showing him the lab. He told her he had a thing for science," Jay said.

Sam let out a squeal. "He's finally doing it!" We all gave her a questioning look and she rolled her eyes. "He's been wanting to ask her out forever. It's so obvious." Of course, cupid Sam knew.

We all accepted this as Victor chose a Disney movie. Don't know which one. Don't really care. Luca tried to pull me in towards him by my waist but I got up and announced, "I'm going to get in some last-minute training if anyone wants to join me." I walked out and down the hallway into the gym.

I headed straight for the punching bag and before I knew it, I punched it with as much force as I could. I calmly took a deep breath and stood in front of the punching bag before swinging multiple times. I took all my frustrations and worries out on it, not even bothering to wrap my hands.

It was a few minutes of only hearing my fist hit the bag until Luca came in. "What's wrong. Why are you mad at me?"

I stopped the swinging bag and looked him dead in the eye. "I know you're lying to me, Luca." I turned back at the bag and kicked it.

He grabbed the swinging bag and stood in front of me. "Okay. I'm doing something that I can't tell you about right now, but I am going to eat dinner with my parents."

I sighed. Should I give him the benefit of the doubt? I looked into his eyes and didn't see any deceit in them. He could be telling the truth. What am I saying? What kind of relationship is this if I can't trust him? "Okay, fine. But, you will tell me when it's over, right?"

He nodded and said, "Absolutely, mia bella." He came up to me and pulled me into his body. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his chest.

"I wish you could go as my date tonight," I muttered.

"Me, too," he whispered into my hair. His lips kissed my head and he pulled away. "Come on. We have a few hours until you have to get ready." He took my hand and pulled me out of the gym, towards our friends.

:::

I finished straightening my hair and placed the flat iron on the counter. I heard footsteps and saw Luca enter behind me through the mirror. "Damn, baby." He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "You look beautiful." He kissed my cheek and then traveled down my neck.

I tilted my head, offering him access. We need to stop this or else we will never leave. "We need to stop," I moaned as one of his hands traveled up towards the low-cut neckline while the other traveled down towards the slit of my dress.

His hands stopped at both hemlines and he sighed. "Okay." He let go of me and took a step back. "You know what? I want a picture." He ran out the door to get his phone and I walked out to my room. I stood against a blank white wall as he walked back in. I posed and he took many pictures from many angles. He stood up and looked at what he took. "Damn."