04: Main Street

We all arrived on Main Street thirty minutes before ten. I was dressed in a camo denim jacket, with one button keeping it closed, posing as my top along with black ripped jeans, a Gucci belt, and black high-heeled ankle boots. My hair was up in a messy bun while I did a dramatic look for my makeup: large wings, smokey eyes, falsies, and dark maroon lips.

We all parked our cars next to each other along the line of race cars. People stared at the five unfamiliar cars and once we stepped out, talk spread like wildfire. I armed my white Lamborghini Aventador with black rims and red brake calipers.

Once I tucked my keys in my back pocket, I joined up with my girls. "Think we drew enough attention," laughed Sam.

I joined in with her laugh. "More than enough."

We walked over to the large party going on. A DJ was playing 'New World' by Krewella and Yellowclaw featuring Taylor Bennett, alcohol, and a bunch of people partying. I guess having ties with the cops has its perks. I looked around and instantly found Antonio's family. Marco sent me a text earlier with a picture of Antonio and, unless he has a twin, he was surrounded by men with a woman his age by his side.

I nodded over towards them and led the girls up to the man. I was about to push my way through the men when I was stopped by a hand on my upper arm. "Who the hell do you think you are, sweetheart," asked a man in a condescending voice.

I felt my eyes go cold and simply said, "Don Thanos." I tried to jerk my arm from his grip but he held on tighter. I felt the girls gather closer behind me in protection but I raised a hand to stop them. If shit went down, he was mine.

He scoffed. "You're funny. A woman can't be a Don. And Thanos is in New York. Try again, and make sure your pretty ass doesn't lie this time."

I quickly pulled my gun from the back of my jeans and held it between his eyes. This one was my favorite. It was a pure silver Desert Eagle, a gift from my nonno before he passed. "You're right! Let me correct myself since you so graciously pointed it out. I am Donna Thanos, the female version of a Don, but in our line of work, women are seen as weak and not able to hold the title of Don. I could use the title of Boss or even Capo Famiglia, but that doesn't have the correct ring to it. Plus, Don gives the element of surprise when people find out I'm a woman. So, with that being said, I don't feel like repeating myself. Either accept it or die." I shrugged. "Your choice."

"Romero," called out a man. "Please let go of Miss Thanos before I lose a talented member of my family." I got to say, Antonio has a way with words. He softened the demand with a compliment. Makes it seem as if this Romero has a choice.

Romero's jaw dropped as his hand loosened. I shook off his arm as I put my baby away. I guess I won't be able to use her right now. I looked at the older man and gave a charming smile. "Antonio!" I walked up to him and hugged him with a kiss on both of his cheeks. "It is nice to finally meet you." I let some of my natural Greek-Italian-New Yorker mixed accent seep through. We will be doing business and, hopefully, become allies for a long time, so might as well show him the real me.

"Gaiana Thanos. Your cousin has told me so much about you. I can't wait to be doing business with you." He offered his arm out to me and said, "Come with me to meet my lovely wife." I took his arm and waved behind me, signaling for the others to follow.

We reached the beautiful, whiskey-eyed brunette woman he was with earlier. "And who might this lovely woman be," she asked. I noticed she had a slight Italian accent to her words.

I smiled and offered my hand. "Hello. I am Gaiana Thanos." She took my hand and pulled me into a hug.

"It's great to meet you. I'm Siena. And who are you gorgeous four," she smiled at my sisters. She doesn't seem like a woman to marry into the Mafia. More like a stay-at-home mother who greets you with cookies and kisses and was married to a successful man. On second thought, I guess she married the perfect man for her.