38. My Moonlight

"It's just 5 days before your surgery! You can't participate in Art Festival!" Jimin crossed his arms.

"No matter what you say! I will perform in festival! I don't need permission to dance!" I stubbornly pouted.

"Yoomi... Please understand.. You can't dance when your surgery is near! And those painkillers are not that effective now a days, you are getting often head aches!"

"I can manage.. Please.. Jimin.." I made puppy eyes.

"Why are you so stubborn, Yoomi?! Why are you doing like this?"

"Taehyung will be the honoured guest as he will be the next CEO.. The Grand Prize will be presented by himself to the winners... I.. I need to take that from his.. hands.." I stuttered at the end lowering my head.

"Don't you feel you are doing the biggest mistake by hiding this matter from him? You know how bad will he feel if he gets to know about your situation? It's not too late, Yoomi.. Let's disclose this matter to him.. I'm sure he will take care of you."

"NO!!! Please.. He won't take that.. it will ruin his whole life.. I know how he would suffer! It was too hard for him when his Mom separated from him by ill fate.. He won't even share the pain and he suffers all alone! I know him very well! And now he finally got along with his family and I don't want to ruin it!.." I sighed. "I told you the same thing about a hundred times Jimin!!!! Ahh why don't you understand?!!!!" I clenched my hair.

"Ahh Ok Ok.. Fine.... Do as you wish.. Now don't be mad.." Jimin held my wrist.

"Then, we are participating in the festival ... Right?" I showed my all teeth.

He sighed with a nod. "But!! You have to be very careful while dancing.. We can't ruin it once we are on the stage.. I hope we get the grand prize....... I - I mean, you get the grand prize by his hands.."

I nudged his nose, "Thank you.." I smiled, scrunching my nose.

~~~~

The head ache was at the regular intervals and I managed somehow with the temporary pain killers and some other tablets along with that. Days rolled and the day of Art Festival has finally arrived. The first day it was just fun performances and there were no competitions.

I was seated in the front row at the stage auditorium. As Jimin's solo performance was there on the first day, I wanted to attend it even though the hoots, crowd making me feel uneasy.

The stage program just began and Jimin was sitting right next to me.

"When is your performance? I can't wait .. I'll go home after your performance. It's too noisy here.." I said covering my ears with palms.

"Yoomi.. If you can't take this, we'll go home now itself.. I don't want you to stress yourself! My performance is bit later.. May be after 2 hours or so.." He said placing his hand on my forehead to check my temperature.

"No no.. I'm fine.. I can wait for 2 hours."

"You can watch records of my performance later.. So please don't hide if you are not feeling good. Remember, you have duet tomorrow?" Jimin raised his brows.

"Y-yes, I do.. rem-member... I will let you know if I feel uneasy, don't worry." I smiled accordingly.

The performances continued and my eyes started to explore every corner of auditorium slowly. I did not see Taehyung from that day. So my brooding eyes were just wanting to see him even at least from the far.

"Whom are you searching, Yoomi?" Jimin asked observing me.

I flinched from his sudden question.