5. Accident

It was just before dusk. I and Ari were returning from the school. I was saying about my vacation to her. How I enjoyed with Hobi & Jin. But I did not dare to say about Tae's incident. I thought to say, when the right time comes.

"Hey Yoomi!! Look at the dog!" She pointed at the dog which was running towards us. "I think, it is the same dog, that you have saved it from accident, a couple of months ago!" She exclaimed.

"Oh my God! Yes it is!" I whooped.

"You took a great risk, saving that dog! May be it is coming to thank you now." She proudly patted my back.

The dog came near me as expected. I knelt down and held that dog gently. It sniffed me and licked my hands.

"I think he likes you. You should take him with you." Ari insisted.

"No Ari! Dogs are not allowed in my house. You know it already.." I said.

"Yeah I know. Even that day, you refused to take him with you and left him safly in the box beside the shop."
She said with pity.

"Yes. I remember.." I saw her and switched my glance on dog, "Poor you! I can't take you home puppy.." I lifted it with both my hands.

I saw someone's foot right in front of me. I raised my neck and saw...
My eyes widened..
"T.. T.. Tae..." I mumbled.

He knelt down and saw me impishly.
I immediately stood up, so did he.
He gently took the dog from my hands.
"Thank you.. Yoomi." Tae lit up with glee.

This is why he thanked me the day before. This is why he is stalking me...!

"Yoomi.. Who is this? Does he know you?" Ari dumbfounded.

"No.. no.. I mean Yes..!" I babbled.

Tae laughed at me. He noticed that I was uncomfortable.
"Hello, Miss.. I'm Tae. I'm her friend.." He paused and then added," A 'New friend' and he is mine." He embraced his dog.

"Ari.. Ari Smith. I'm her friend too.." Ari introduced herself with a giggle.

Now everything went awkward. "I'm done with this.. Why me God? Why me?!!" I thought.

"Hey you! Yoomi saved your dog few months ago.. And you are only thanking her now? How do you know her?" Ari inquired Tae.

"Actually I saw her, risking her life to save him. I was far away running for him.. But Yoomi saved my Yeontan! When I came to thank her, somebody picked you guys. I didn't get a chance to thank her." Tae explained it like a teacher.

"Oh I see.. This is the story.. But.."
Tae cut off Ari's words and added "I'm mutual friend of her cousin brother, Hoseok. He introduced her to me yesterday.." He replied.

"Nice to know this. Finally my bestie got a new friend and that too a boy..!" She playfully teased me.

"Stop it Ari. He is not my friend.." I muttered.

"I can hear you.." Tae grinned.

My face turned red...

"Then why are you blushing Yoomi?" Ari never misses a chance to pull my leg.

"I'm not blushing. Don't lie Ari!" I replied.

"My eye sight is still good.." Ari giggled.

"She is adding insults to injury!" I thought.

Tae broke the ice and said, "If you don't mind, can you guys join me for a coffee? Just like a treat from my side." Tae asked.

"No" , "Yes" I and Ari replied in chorus.