7. We are just FRIENDS!

"So, you three live together?" Tae asked while having dinner.

"I'm here for my vacations." I replied.

"My parents aren't in the city. They got promotion and transferred to other city. You can live here without any hesitation." Hobi insisted.

"Inform your parents that I'll live here for some time." Tae spoke.

"Yeah! Don't worry about that. I will inform." Hobi acknowledged.

"Thank you." Tae spoke.

"And ha, your room is in the first floor." Hobi pointed.

Yeontan came to me wagging his tail. It licked my hands.
"So, this is the way you thank me, Yeontan?" I embraced it.

"Do you like my Yeontan?" Tae asked me.

"Yes. So much." I replied.

"Can you lead my way to the room?" Tae requested.

"Yeah! Come this way." I lifted Yeontan and made my way to upstairs.

"Sorry for bothering you.." He mumbled.

"No problem. My room is adjacent to yours." I replied.

"Oh! Really?" He exclaimed.

"No trespassing!" I thundered.

He smirked and entered his room with his luggage and closed his door.

* * * * *

Tae organized his things. The room was spacious and magnificent.
He sat on his bed. He fixed his eyes on the blank wall. His face was serious and hefty. His deep thoughts were disturbed by a call.
Tae glared at his phone. He did not respond. It continuously rang.
He answered it.
"Hello.."
"Yes. I'm fine."
"Did I ask you?"
"No, I don't want your help!"
"Do not disturb me!"
He hung up and doze off inside his blanket.

* * * * *

"Oh my God! Why are you running everywhere like this? Stop there Yeontan!" I bawled.

It was upto something, and was scratching at my door, gesturing that he needs to go out.

I lifted him. I interpreted that he wants Tae.
"You are doing this to me! Really Yeontan?" I tousled his head.

This door wasn't new for me. But today it felt like, I'm going to steal something from neighbours.
I was ambivalent. "Should I knock?" I thought
"No no.. If I knock, Tae will wake up. That shouldn't happen!" I reconsidered.

I checked the door handle. I tried to open it. It wasn't locked. I twisted the knob and slowly opened the door and stepped in.

The dim rays of the bed lamp were embracing his face.
He was asleep, hugging a pillow.
Yeontan jumped from my hands and bounced towards Tae.

"OMG! This is dangerous! He will wake Tae now! I must get out of here!" I slowly stepped back. My ankle hit by a table near the door. I tripped and fell down.
"Ahhhhh! Ouch!" I groaned.

Tae offered his hand. I raised my chin. I frightened. Even though it was dim, his face was sparkling.
"You.. You woke?" I stammered.
He noticed that I was embarrassed.
"Get up." He smiled.
I accepted his help.

He noticed the clock on the wall and said, "An hour ago, somebody was warning about trespassing. Look who tresspassed now!" He told sarcastically crossing his arms with a smirk.

"Umm.. It's because of Yeontan!" I tried to convince.

"Well, everybody has their reasons." He teased.

My face turned crimson, hopefully it was dim inside. I turned and made my way to the door.

He suddenly held my hand. I turned to him. Room filled with pin drop silence. Our eyes met. I was again under his spell for real. I wanted to escape from his grip. But I couldn't do that. I was indecisive of this feeling. It was all new.
I observed, his face turning long and serious. I gulped.

"Why did you save me today?" He asked.

"Because you needed help!" I slowly answered.

"Why you wanted to help me? Is it just because I'm broke? You only pity me.. Isn't it?" His voice was heavy and deep.

"It's not that you are broke or poor. But you are very responsible for your age and it doesn't make you poor. Don't let anyone intimidate you for what you are!" I responded.

"So you don't mind that I'm broke?" He asked.

"Why should I?" I puzzled.

He left my hand slowly. He opened the curtains. He stepped outside to the balcony. I was already confused, didn't know what to do. I followed his steps.
He spoke, "I'm always surrounded by the people. But still I have no one to call mine. I'm so lonely..." Tae sulked.

"If you don't mind, can.. Can we be friends?" I mumbled.

"So, can I call you mine?" He slyly saw my face.

"We are just friends!!!" I exclaimed.

๛⋆๛⋆๛⋆๛⋆๛⋆๛⋆

Hello my cute Tannies😃 I'm so
happy that my story is getting good response. It's all because of you and I wanna heartfully thank you guys❤

From now onwards story will take different routes so don't miss any of those and stay tuned for more chapters ❤

Love you all from bottom of my heart 💜💜