11. Story

My phone beeped..

"Happy Birthday Yoomi.." My Mom wished.

"Thank you Mom."

"Hobi told me about the celebration. Did you enjoy?" Mom asked.

"Yes Mom!! They all gave me Surprise!" I exclaimed.

"So sweet of them.. Here, I'll hand the call to Dad." Mom told.

"Happy Birthday my child. Hope you're happy with the gift.." My Dad spoke.

"Gift?"

"Open your door." He insisted.

I rushed to open the door. There was no one. But there was medium sized decorated box on the door mat.

"Wow! What's this?!" I cheered.

"Hope you like it. It's getting late to office.. Bye Sweetheart." Dad fondly said and disconnected the call.

I picked up the box and came in. I joyfully jumped like a kid. Tae was curiously watching me. I sat near him in the couch. I unboxed it.

There was a bunch of my favorite chocolates packed together in transparent plastic sheet, tied with silky ribbons, which was held by a cute teddy bear.
I kept the box in Tae's hand in excitement and took that teddy & chocolates.

"Wow! These are my favorite chocolates! Do you know the speciality of this chocolate? This is only available in some part of the country. Only this chocolate has unique taste, I love i-.." I was uttering.

Tae wasn't listening, his eyes were fixed on the box. He moved his hand inside the box. Something was hidden.

"Look! I found something!" Tae exclaimed.

"Hey!! Let me see.." I grabbed.

My mouth widened. It was an unexpected and unseen photo album of my childhood!

"Wow! Show it to me also.." Tae tried to snatch.

"A.. a.. ah No. Let me see it first." I stretched my hands holding the album.

"OK OK, lets see it together. Please." He requested.

I agreed and turned the pages.
It was like journey to my olden days.

"You are so cute." Tae said gazing at me and then suddenly switched his glance to the album.

"Umm.. mm.. Thanks.." I said and continued, "Look at this. I was 8 years old in this picture. We went on family trip for hill station." I explained.

"You went on a trip with family?" He asked as if it's strange to go on a trip with family.

"Yeah.. What's with that?" I puzzled.

His expressions slightly changed after this.
"No no.. Nothing. Just like that." He gave a forced smile.

"If you feel something, you can share." I patted his back lightly.
He was silent for a moment and said, "It feels nice to be with the family like this." He said it with a blank expression on his face.

"What about your family?" I asked.
He remained silent.

"If you don't want to talk about it, that's OK. I'm sorry." I apologised.

"It's fine." He replied.

"Shall we continue?" I pointed at the album.

"Yeah yeah sure." He replied.

My phone beeped again.

"You carry on. I'll be right back." I picked the call.
It was from Sofie. She wished me, we talked for some time.