39|I Forgive You

>>>---------------------> <---------------------<<<

"Yes | am back with a new heart in my hand ‘cause | forgive you." - Kelly Clarkson

>>>---------------------> <---------------------<<<
                               LISA
>>>---------------------> <---------------------<<<

| ran my fingers across the soft grass of the pier, squinting my eyes to try to lessen the sun's power on my face. A slow sigh escaped my lips, emptying every inch of my lungs to fill them with a fresh dose of fresh air.

Malibu There was no better place to go when the focus was on thinking. My dad never visited that property, especially not after my mom left - as it was her favorite place in the States - so most of the time it was all mine.

My back was resting against the long trunk of one of the coconut trees that lined it. My head was tilted back, facing the sun, so much so that | could feel the soft heat burning my skin.

The salt air slithered through me, shaking the grass | was sitting on. There was a bottle of bourbon resting between my legs, but untouched. | had taken her with me, and as much as | wanted to drink, whenever | looked at her | felt like throwing up.

Maybe it was the fault of the nausea that had plagued me since Jisoo made her revelations to me.

| brought my hands up to my hair, weaving it between my fingers with some force, and laughed without any trace of humor at the situation.

She suggested that my dad pay Jennie to get closer and even tried to kiss her. What kind of friend was she? Okay the first question her intention should be to try to help me stop being a sucker, just like Jen and my dad. But what about the kiss? Why would she try to kiss the girl she knew | liked?

Worst of all, | knew Jisoo. And | knew that doing that wasn't like her. That's why everything was hard to digest. It got stuck in my throat and turned my stomach.

| took a deep breath, feeling anger flutter my lips. Anger and pure hurt. Both for what Jisoo did, and for what was omitted from me by Rosie and Jennie.

| kicked the bourbon bottle with my foot, watching it roll down the pier over the grass. | just wanted to punch something, anything to blow my frustrations away.

But my eyes immediately popped out of the drink and landed on a figure emerging from the woods on the property. | sighed audibly, making a mental note to remind the doorman not to let anyone in without my permission.

Rosé came walking down the beach to the pier, and from the pier she came to me. | watched her the entire ride, looking at her eyes in an unpleasant, wry look.

- Can you turn around and leave me alone? - | asked with all the education in the world.

She ignored me because instead of doing as | suggested, she simply sat beside me and leaned her back against the same trunk as me.

‘| gave you two days of seclusion, Liz,’ Rosie said, sighing against the salty air. Her scent crept into my nostrils.

- Two days. And now it's time for us to talk.

"| don't want to talk," | replied with a grimace. - We've already talked about everything we had to talk about in the apartment.

"No, we don't," she snapped back firmly.

- There is still a lot to be talked about, especially between you and Chu. And | know you know that.

| ran a hand down my face violently, feeling my lips tremble. - How did you find me? - | asked acidly.