38| Chasing Cars

>>>--------------------> <---------------------<<<

"| don't quite know how to say how | feel.” - Sleeping At Last

>>>--------------------> <---------------------<<<
                            JISOO
>>>--------------------> <---------------------<<<

My eyes were fixed on the ceiling. It had been hours since | woke up. Hours. But all | managed to do after waking up was keep my eyes wide open and fixed up there. It On the surface, completely expressionless. But inside... drowned in chaos. And so much guilt.

| kept thinking about Lalisa. Or the look she gave me before leaving the apartment. Or the way she called me sister, totally hurt by me. Sister. | was terrible at it.

Roseanne stirred beside me, and the arm she reached out hit my rib square. It probably hurt, but | was so lost in the emotional pain that | didn't feel
the physical one.

| kept staring at the ceiling, kept reminding me of Lalisa's watery, hurt eyes. All this motionless, unable to move.

Dimly | felt Park's arm slide over my waist, under the covers, and her chin sink into my shoulder. Her heat touched half of my body almost immediately. Her nose brushed my cheek and his warm breath slid across my skin.

- Chu? she called, the hoarse voice of someone who has just woken up.

| blinked several times out of the trance of pure emptiness and turned my face just a few inches toward her. | caught her worried gaze, touched by the reddish light that streamed through my windows and curtains.

"You haven't been sleeping well," she whispered, bringing her free hand to my jaw. Her finger traced a slow path around the curve of it.

"Lalisa hasn't shown any signs of life since she walked out that door," | said without emotion.

- Two days ago today.

"| know," Roseanne murmured against my cheek, leaning in to place a soft kiss on the area. - But at least we know where she is. Her father said security cameras at the Malibu house captured her entering the property on the day of the argument. And it hasn't left there yet. We can rest easy
knowing this, since Liz only goes to Malibu when she wants to think.

"| don't want to spoil anything for her," | said in a whisper, looking into Roseanne's sympathetic eyes. - What if she breaks up with Jennie because of me? Rosé clicked her tongue, as if the idea was stupid.

- Liz is crazy about Jennie. There is no possibility of that happening.

| studied her face, but she didn't make anything obvious about her feelings for Lalisa. Anyway, Park was very good at hiding it. She spent her whole life hiding. With my head chaotic as it was, | wouldn't be surprised if | overlooked the small details.

Of course, she could have really come to terms with it. However... | still didn't believe very much. | knew that at any moment she could just come up with someone new, completely out of nowhere like she always did.

And | was pretty sure what we were having - that casual sex that had strangely gone on for weeks.

-was just a distraction for her from the Lalisa issue. Nothing but.

And sometimes | felt like talking about it, maybe it make something official, or at the very least seal an exclusivity agreement - since | had no idea whether or not she was seeing someone else while she was with me - but | preferred to leave things at
they were. | preferred to do as | always did.