10| Dream

>>>------------------> <--------------------<<<

"I had a dream that I could fly from the highest swing." - Priscilla Ahn

(I had a dream that I could fly from the highest swing)

>>>-------------------> <--------------------<<<
                            LISA
>>>-------------------> <---------------------<<<

The Monopoly Party took place in a ballroom not far from the main building of MMC. i was leaning against Jisoo on the far wall waiting for Jennie to take the stage. We had a good view of the entire length of the hall in that specific region. There we round tables scattered everywhere and the vast majority of guests were sitting around them, closing deals or trying to add more directors an CEOs to their business circle.

Most of those in attendance were in the auto business, usually CEOs, their representatives and their wives or husbands, although many RCA Records executives were also in sight, as were companies or personalities who had partneredwith my father.

Jisoo was the daughter of the executive director of the MMC branch in Korea, but since her father was there and was unable to attend the party, she was as his representative, as much as his presence there was totally symbolic, like my own.

When a woman passed by pouring champagne, I took the fourth glass and turned it over at once.

"This shit doesn't make anyone drunk," I mumbled, placing the empty glass along with the other three on the wall beside me.

Jisoo, who looked stunning in a shiny black dress that fell in waves along her legs, didn't even look at me.

"You should try not to get drunk at least once in your life, Lalisa. Especially today, since you need to
make a good impression on RCA."

I took a deep breath, arms crossed over my chest, and rested my gaze on the table in the very center of the room, where my father, Peter Edge and his staff were sitting and immersed in a good conversation over the untouched champagne flutes. I should have gone there already, but I still didn't feel properly prepared to be the good girl.

I've never really been.

My attention, however, quickly changed course when the lights in the hall went out and only the stage with the background highlighted by the logo of the Monopoly Party and all its representative companies was lit. At the back were some specific instruments that were soon taken up by perfectly dressed men and women. It was almost like an orchestra, where the main voice would be Jennie':

I followed her with the look when she took the stage. She wore an elegant wine-red dress that reached to her feet and had a perfect slit on the side of one of the legs, showing it. I immediately liked the dress.

Her hair was tied in a long ponytail and her features betrayed her impressive concentration. I couldn't deny it, Jennie Kim was extremely
professional. And it was extremely beautiful.

She thanked him for the opportunity to be there, greeted the guests, and when the melody drifted across the room, she let out her voice.

There was a small choir at the side that served to intensify the final moments of each sentence she sang. It just made everything better, although Jennie definitely didn't need anything else. His voice was perfect in itself.

I noticed the exact moment when Peter Edge's head snapped at her. I smiled when I saw, not in the least surprised, that she had won her place in RCA with just a few seconds of presentation.