09| Heaven in Hiding

>>>----------------------> <--------------------<<<

"And breathing down your neck , your body screaming and you thought that you were the boss tonight but! can put up one good fight ." - Halsey

(And breathing in your neck makes your body scream, and you thought you would be the boss tonight, but | know how to fight back)

>>>----------------------> <--------------------<<<
                             JENNIE
>>>----------------------> <--------------------<<<

The morning after the meeting I had with Lisa, a car stopped early in front of Park's and a man with nervous hands came into the cafeteria looking for me. It was Tuesday, and I was surprised when he said that Mr. Manoban wanted to deal with me about the Monopoly Fucking Party opening presentation in person.

Despite the conversation we had after my performance at the pub, I still found myself doubting Lisa's truthfulness about it. After all, this was not just any event. It was the Monopoly Party, the largest meeting of businessmen in the world! And with the extra fact that, according to Lisa herself, the Manoban Motor Company was on the verge of closing a sponsorship deal with RCA Records, a music label, so the CEO of RCA would be present at the party. The CEO!

If it wasn't a dream, I definitely didn't know what it was.

And when that man poured Mr. Manoban's summons on me, I almost passed out on the Park's floor, my excitement was so great.

Lisa was right. If I could impress Peter Edge, I could win a spot on his roll of great artists. I could, finally,

be the singer that I always wanted to be. Breathe , Jennie, breathe!

" We are waiting outside, Miss. Kim -" said the man before leaving the cafeteria.

I slowly released my breath and tried to calm my heart that was beating wildly in my chest. I started to take off my apron, but then I stayed in place.

If my Monopoly Party performance didn't fill the eyes of RCA Records, Park's would remain my only job opportunity. I couldn't just leave without explanation. I And as Jimin was not there...

I was forced to go to his father, and I quickly dumped the whole situation on his lap, promising that I would restore that day in three Saturdays or
Sundays if he so wished.

Jimin's father hesitated for a few moments, but finally, he let me go. And it was almost jumping with joy that I changed clothes in the loft and wer to meet the man who would take me to Mr. Manoban.

During the entire trip to the Mansion, my heart dic not stop still inside my chest. i was extremely excited about the whole situation, and certainly my good mood would extend for the rest of that week.

When we arrived, I walked behind the man trying to calm my heart and my breath so as not to pass on an image that was too anxious for Lisa's father.

I was guided to the front of a large and sumptuous door, and into it, where I was welcomed by Mr.Manoban and a tall, elegant woman.

Both of them watched me walk to the base of the desk attentively and I barely opened my mouth to greet them when Lisa's father was already saying:

"I think Mark has already summarized for you the reason for this conversation, just like Lalisa did, but there are other small details that cannot be missed if you are really going to sing at the opening of the Monopoly Party. Sit down. We have
a lot to talk about and, I'm afraid, little time for it."