29| I Don't Wanna Fight

>>>-------------------->  <----------------------<<<

"You look at me the wrong way and | start to cry, could it be that maybe this crazy situation is the reason why ?" - Tina Turner

(You look at me the wrong way and | start to cry. Maybe this crazy situation is the reason)

>>>-------------------->  <----------------------<<<
                            ROSE
>>>-------------------->  <----------------------<<<

| was struck by an extremely intense feeling of guilt whenever I laid eyes on Liz.

After all, I've gone along with the whole thing too. If |had simply denied it, tried to dissuade her, or stopped being so superficial in practically everything | did...
Shallow .| confess that when Jisoo yelled that in my face before | went to Malibu to pick up Liz, my entire body was wrapped in a heavy blanket of cold that | still couldn't get rid of. | felt so terrible, and somehow so empty, that all the way to the coast, | drove on automatic and flooded with a strange sense of helplessness.

The feeling remained, however much | tried to smother it somehow. Both her and the overwhelming guilt that hit me hard whenever | remembered everything, especially the moment | found Liz completely bereft in that room.

| sighed from behind the kitchen counter, looking around the room and at Jisoo and Lisa, both sitting on the couch and each focused on something different.

The atmosphere inside that apartment was so heavy since it all came out, that sometimes | just got out of there and went hunting for something to do on the street. It was too terrible to be inside, as my thoughts turned out to be as grim as the place.

Even with the TV on, the silence was devastating. Nobody talked, and it was very rare that we exchanged words since everything happened. | tried countless times to talk to Liz but she barely had the words to answer me and | didn't blame her. Her focus was all on her cell phone, where she played for the fiftieth time the unreleased clip of Jennie that had been sent to her an hour earlier because of MMC's partnership with RCA.

Her head was probably at the song's release event, back in New York, where Jennie was also. | suggested she go there in a surprise appearance and try to fix things there, but Liz denied it, saying that Jennie needed space and time, and that she didn't want to spoil something as special for the girl as her first song release when she rush too much. | said | would see her again when she got back to LA, so | decided to let her do what she thought was best. | wasn't wrong to give it time, in
a way.

Time healed all wounds. Sometimes.

And Jisoo... Jisoo wouldn't even look at my face. She wouldn't answer me unless it was sorely needed, nor would she retort when | teased her or said chicken was bad. She had been ignoring me since the bet was revealed, and she wasn't trying
to hide that fact. | acted shamelessly, which made my heart sink even deeper into my chest in that crushing guilt.

| just wanted to talk to my friends. | just wanted everything to go back to normal. | just wanted Jisoo to look at me like she always did. I just wish that...

Liz's cell phone started ringing, interrupting both the clip she played once more and my internal wailing. The sound of the music slid through the whole room, piercing that blanket of helplessness that was present and sinking its claws into all of us.

| saw her stare at the screen with disappointment, and | thought maybe she was hoping it was Jennie. But it wasn't, and when she realized that, with a long sigh, she answered it.

You Give Love A Bad Name //JENLISAOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara