36| Hurt

>>>--------------------> <--------------------<<<

"I'm sorry for blaming you for everything | just couldn't do, and I've hurt myself by hurting you." - Christina Aguilera

>>>--------------------> <--------------------<<<
                             LISA
>>>--------------------> <--------------------<<<

After two weeks since the real reason for my mother's depression was revealed and since my visit to the cemetery, things have been strangely calmer. I walked strangely calmer.

Thoughts surged through my head again, and with less remorse. | was trying to forgive myself like | promised Jennie and my mom | would. It was a difficult journey, but a journey that little by little | was able to walk. Very little by little.

Setting up the studio helped, as did seeing Jennie's career boost with each passing day. Her YouTube clip was already getting millions and millions of views, as well as millions and millions of weekly listeners on various music platforms, and even when we were in front of her new apartment, a girl recognized her and asked for her autograph. And it was at that very unusual moment that Jen's eye on all that beginning of fame dropped and the happiness on her face expanded enormously. | smiled as | remembered. Luckily | was with her and | could see the exact moment.

Everything was going well. Both for me and for her. My studio was being renovated and looking like a studio, the photographs for Vogue's new magazine were in an uproar, and the club had gained investment and the promise of opening a new branch in New York.

| had so much money in my bank account that if | wanted to stop working and live the rest of my life traveling all over the world with Jennie, | could. And there would still be money left.

At that particular moment, we were driving towards Los Angeles International Airport for another Jen trip to New York.

She had finally agreed to take my car, as | insisted on accompanying her there. But she only agreed because she didn't want to leave hers alone around the airport while she was in NY if she had gone.

| parked in a spot practically across from the main doors and turned to her, not wanting to miss a second of her cute little face that would have made me sorely missed.

"You behave yourself while I'm gone, huh, young lady," she said, leaning forward to capture my mouth in hers.

| touched her cheek, unzipping the damn belt that kept me from getting any closer to her body, and intensified our kiss, tasting her sweet, addictive taste that | knew would leave me completely abstinent after she left.

She pulled my lower lip between her teeth as she pulled away, and when she let go of me completely, | immediately tried to land a long kiss on her forehead.

| pulled back a few inches and stared into her glowing eyes.

- How am | supposed to bear to spend a couple of weeks without you here? Just explain it to me.

She rolled her eyes but smiled. - Don't be dramatic.

- I'm just quoting facts. | will miss you so much. | don't want to sleep alone! - | pouted to emphasize my words. - Cold and empty bed indefinitely! | will die!

Whenever Jen slept with me, my sleep was heavy and dream-free. But only when she was there, clinging to me. Without her...well...l would have to deal with unpleasant nightmares.

"| will be in your thoughts as you will be in mine," she said, smiling with amusement. - And | won't be that long, baby. Just a few weeks. It depends on how long it takes us to shoot the shampoo commercial and the TV interviews.