32| Blame It on Me

>>>--------------------> <-------------------<<<

"| couldn't breathe, almost lost myself, couldn't stop myself | did it all." - Post Malone

(I couldn't breathe, | almost got lost, | couldn't contain myself, | did it all)

>>>--------------------> <-------------------<<<
LISA
>>>--------------------> <-------------------<<<

With only my overcoat covering my completely soaked body underneath, | stormed into my father's office, not even trying to find out if he was having a meeting or if he was eating his exsecretary and current wife at the desk - as | used to
do..

He lifted his eyes from where they were deposited on the computer screen and fixed them calmly on me. | was alone.

Jaw clenched in anger, | took long, hard strides to his desk and slapped my hand, envelope and all, onto the polished wood, making the dry sound echo throughout the office.

- What the hell is that?! | yelled, not even caring if the employees would hear.

My anger was blind. All | could see was this man behind that desk, who after sliding his eyes down my soaked body, led them to the glass window and, moments later, back to me.

- It's not raining outside. Where did you get wet like that?

| gritted my teeth, digging my nails into the wood of the table and leaning my body over it so that my burning eyes lined up with his.

- Haven't you ruined things enough?! Do you want to make my life miserable too?! | growled angrily dripping from each word. - Where did you get the idea of paying Jennie to get close to me?!

My dad clasped his hands on the table and took a deep breath, his usual irritating patience. His pious eyes blinked.

- You know exactly why | asked this to Miss. Jennie. You didn't give me another choice. | just wanted to protect you, you...

-| don't need your protection! | yelled, feeling my jaw tremble with rage. - | never needed! And do you really think paying people to fake relationships with me is protecting me? Not everything can be solved with money, father! Not everything! Do you still remember my mother? Do you still remember paying the most renowned psychologists in the world to try to make her recover? Do you remember ?! Now tell me: did it work? I'll answer you: no, it didn't work ! And do you know why? Because money alone doesn't work, it never works!

His throat lurched painfully as he held my fervent gaze.

- How else would | be able to help you? he muttered under his breath, looking desolate. - You don't listen to me, don't talk to me, don't...

- Noway ! - | growled, full of anger. - | don't want you to interfere in my life! | do not need you. | never needed you! Understand this, ok?! Understand, and leave me alone! Just like Jennie. Leave her out of your ruse if you don't want to make it worse!

He rose from his chair, walking around the table.

His face was twisted with pain.

- My daughter, you have no idea how much it hurts me to read headlines like that last one, about you sitting in the top floor window of a hotel, without any kind of security involved, and you could fall out of there at any moment! You have no idea how it kills me inside to know that my daughter, my only child, blood of my blood, puts my life at risk on many occasions! And it hurts even more not being able to do anything, because just my presence has become a danger to you. What did you want me to do? For me to sit and watch? I'm still your father and | still love you, even if you don't accept it. | had to find a way to keep you safe, a way to keep you away from scenes like that in that hotel, a way for them not to be repeated. | couldn't risk losing you, Lalisa. | love you.