Ch6- Silver eyes

Alexia P.O.V

I jogged through the tall dry grass. The screeching of the vulchers ringing in my ears.

I block them out and run into shorther grass. The grass was now at waist height.

"Luna! Where are we going?" Savannah asked. "I have no idea." I reply. She laughs and we continue towards the carnivorous birds.

After another 5 minutes of skipping through the grass we approach the bird infested area.

I peer through the grass and see a small bundle looking lifeless on the floor. With vulchers circling it.

I look back at Savannah who eyes the bundle. "It's a lion cub." She breathed. "A what?" I ask. "A lio-"

"I heard it the first time." I smile as I sneak out and towards the cub. It was unconscious and had blood on its front.

"What are you doing!?" Savannah asked as I bent down to it. I put my hand out to touch it and it flinched. I blink and place my hand on his side. Feeling him breathe.

I slip my hand underneath him and pick him up. He was only young. A good few weeks.

"Luna! Are you insane?!" Savannah asked loudly. I walk over to her still carrying the cub. "Just a little." I answer.

**two weeks later**

I smile as I read through the letter sneak the by Hannah.

LEXI WE MISS YOU!!

Trott is losing it. He misses you so much and won't stop talking about you. Even Ross is getting pissed of at the mention of your name.

And  I have some huge news. Something I have to tell everyone but I want you to know first. So ill tell when I get your next letter.

I think I'm pregnant.

I've missed my time of the month for a few weeks now and there's no other explanation.

I haven't told Lewis yet but i will get a test tomorrow.

I hope your doing okay. I heard Mitch was there with Jerome. Good to have friends with you when your far away from family.

Only 5 months left till you come home.

Can't wait to hug you again.

Lots of love Hannah ♡♡

I smile and look down to my feet. Where Nuka lay sleeping. After I saved him he stuck by my side. He was a gorgeous cub. And he had the most beautiful sliver eyes.

I pull out some paper and a pen and write my letter home.

Hello again guys.

You won't believe what's been happening over the past few weeks......

A/N

Sorry it's short. And I took forever to get to get out but life has been a bitch.

Also i have a new book called Dawn of the Dragons. Please go read it.

Stay awesome!

PAH