81

A lot went through her mind as Ana helped train Sam with the shield

A lot went through her mind as Ana helped train Sam with the shield. It almost felt like the time that Steve had trained her with the shield so they could work together on the field. Now it was Ana training Sam. But it also really made her think about the original group of Avengers. Tony, Nat, and Steve were gone. Clint was retired and raising his family. Thor was off with the Guardians. Which left her and Hulk, but even Ana wasn't sure what Bruce was doing anymore. It was weird just how fast life changed. When she started as a young adult in the Avengers to the one training the newest heroes of the world.

Ana had already flown past Sam and landed down in the middle of all the officers outside of the building. The suit Shuri had made her surrounded by the golden hue of Ana's magic.

"We have breaking news. There's a complete lockdown at the GRC meeting in Lower Manhattan where authorities are saying they're tracking multiple threats from groups seeking to stop the GRC's vote on global resettlement. There is a no-fly zone in effect and the NYPD has the area secured for the moment. Everyone is urged to stay clear."

NYPD officers watched as she walked deeper into the crowd. Everyone knew exactly who she was, after all, she was part of media coverage for years now. And as she approached someone, others began to notice that it was Sergeant Barnes.

"I'm almost there."

"Those wings are slow, Sam." Ana grinned with amusement as she neared Bucky.

The second she was near him, he started through the crowd, "What's the plan?"

"Karli's gotta be close. Keep your eyes open."

"Yeah-" Bucky passed some more officers, "That could be anybody."

"Sergeant Barnes. Starlight."

Ana felt the swell of contentment come from Bucky after being addressed as himself and not the Winter Soldier by the officers. She wanted to smile so badly, but didn't exactly want to look all happy during this kind of situation.

"And by the way, I called in some backup."

"Excuse me, sir, are you supposed to be here?"

Ana had turned around and rolled her eyes, before waving two fingers and causing the equipment Sharon was using to malfunction and reveal herself. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Relax." Sharon shrugs them both off, "No one's looking for me here."

"Do I hear Sharon?"

Bucky inhaled deeply and looked away in irritation, "Unfortunately."

"Hey, Sam." Sharon greets, "I thought I'd get the band back together."

"Thank you. You're risking a lot coming here."

"I hear pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway."

Bucky shifted where he stood, "Depends on the therapist."