41

Sam glances down at Ana's wrist while they chase after the evaluator up the stair well, "What the hell is that thing?"

"I don't know but it's stopping my powers and he had it." Ana was growing irritated with this because Sam didn't have his gear to allow him to fly. All of this could have been avoided if Tony would have just listened to them for one second.

They finally made it outside but they lost him. Ana brought her hands up to her head and groaned, "Shit."

"Damn it."

Ana turned back towards the building but Sam grabbed her arm, "Hey, I know you want to help but Cap's got this on his own. We need to go because we're going to be wanted after this."

"You're right." Ana grumbled, she didn't like the idea of just leaving Steve, but thankfully they each had their ways of communicating with each other. "I just-Okay, let's go."

Ana stayed with Sam and ended up finding some abandoned warehouse. She sat down on the ground not at all caring about the dirt on her clothes. Sam was handling keeping in contact with Steve and informed Ana that he was on his way with Bucky. Ana even broke off the cuffs using the machines in the warehouse.

"You think that it's a good idea?"

Ana opened her eyes and glanced at Sam, "What is a good idea?"

"Helping Bucky."

"I do." She closed her eyes again as she sighs, "And not because of my grandmother's or Steve's relationship with him. Or... my conflicted feelings with him." Ana looked back at Sam as he stared at her contemplatively, "He was forced to do terrible things as the Winter Soldiers, I just feel like he deserves a chance now that Hydra isn't controlling him."

"I guess that's true."

"You have every right to be wary though." Ana pulled herself up from the floor, "We don't know how screwed up his mind became because of Hydra."

"I think that's the only reason why... why I'm so worried. I know that this guy is important to Steve, but he's dangerous."

"Yeah-"

Sam heard a buzz and looked down, "Okay, get the door."

Ana rushed to the door and peered out to see Steve carrying a passed out Bucky. They were wet, but not soaking, "What happened?"

"We were in the river." Steve answers her as he drags Bucky inside. He looked around the warehouse for a place to put him, somewhere where he could be contained.

"Oh, I thought of that-" Ana walked into another room and pointed at a huge industrial vice, "I figured we could clamp his metal arm in it, at least until we know he won't try and kill us again."

"That's smart."

"And you should try and dry off." Ana points out to him, "I don't know if the super soldier serum made you immune to a cold."