69

Ana sat beside Sam in the station after having to talk to the cops because they didn't feel like talking with Sam

Ana sat beside Sam in the station after having to talk to the cops because they didn't feel like talking with Sam. She sunk in her seat a bit and covered her face with her hand, "This is ridiculous."

"Ana. Sam." Dr. Raynor's voice triggered the two of them to stand up, "I've heard a lot about you. I'm Dr. Raynor. I'm James's and Ana's therapist."

"So nice to meet you." Sam shook her hand, "Thank you for getting him out."

"Uh..." Dr. Raynor released his hand, "That was not me."

At the sound of John's voice, Ana shut her eyes and groaned. "Christina. It's great to see you again."

"You gotta be kidding me." Sam voiced exactly what Ana was thinking, "You know him?"

Dr. Raynor gave the pair a rather apologetic smile, "Yeah, we did some field ops back in the day."

"I heard you were working with Bucky and Ana, so I thought I'd step in." John gave Dr. Raynor a hug before backing away with a smile, "Bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule any longer."

"What?"

Dr. Raynor placed a hand on Ana's lower back, as if to soothe an already angered woman, "We haven't finished our work. Who authorized this?"

"Um..." John just purses his lips and points to himself before breaking out in another smile, "He's too valuable of an asset to have tied up. Just do whatever you got to do with him, then send him off to me. Got some unfinished business, him and I. You too, Wilson. Ana. I'll be outside."

Ana just glared at John as he walked away from them. That statement hit her far too much because it reminded her of the damn Sokovia Accords again, when Ross kept calling them assets. Of course John would think that way.

Dr. Raynor sighed through her nose and turned to look as Bucky was released, "James, condition of your release, session now. You two as well."

Sam immediately perked and shook his head, "That's okay. I think I'll just stay out here-"

"That wasn't a request."

Ana couldn't believe she was having another therapy session after officially finishing hers up. She followed behind Sam into an empty interrogation room. Sam and Bucky offered her a seat but Ana simply shook her head. She didn't want to be sitting right now. Instead, Ana stood behind the two of them in the center.

Dr. Raynor sat down in the chair across from the group, she leaned back slightly as she eyed all three of them. This was quite a group of individuals to her. She had Ana and Bucky as patients, but not Sam, though she heard enough about him through the two in the first place. Another thing, Ana and Sam had a good friendship, which she noticed bothered Bucky because it reminded him of his old friendship with Steve. She had tried to hint at his feelings but he just brushed her off as usual. While Bucky and Ana's relationship, at least to Dr. Raynor, was a whole different kind of mess. They obviously got along incredibly well, but she could sense the tension a mile away. Especially now with the pair in the same room, she also sensed that something happened recently between them.