51

Ana was propped in one of the many seats inside the large office with the hologram displays

Ana was propped in one of the many seats inside the large office with the hologram displays. Which currently was showcasing each of the six infinity stones. She looked up finally while they were planning the mission they were going to go on. Ana was clearly done with planning, she would much prefer not dealing with it after basically doing a big chunk of the work on the time machine in general.

"Okay-" Steve finally started as he stopped pacing, "So the 'how' works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."

"Well I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones."

"I haven't-" Scott chimed in to counter what Tony had just said, "I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about."

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history."

"Our history." Tony added, "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in."

Clint played with an arrow from his spot, "Which means we have to pick our targets."

"Correct."

"Let's start with the Aether." Steve began, "Thor, what do you know?"

Everyone turned their heads expecting Thor to speak, but he was just sitting there in a chair with sunglasses on while holding a beer.

"Is he... asleep?"

Rhodesy shook his head, "No, I'm pretty sure he's dead."

Ana picked something up from the table an threw it, which hit him directly in the forehead, "Thor, Aether, go!"

Thor sits up completely startled and rushes over to the front of the room as though it was a class presentation, "Where to start? Um... The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before. It's more of a... an angry sludge thing, so... someones gonna need to amend that. Here's an interesting story though, many years ago... My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves..." He wiggles his fingers to imitate a spooky ghost, "Wooooh, scary beings. So Jane," An image of Jane Foster pops up on the screen, "Oh, there she is. That's Jane... She's... an old flame of mine... She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her... And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead-" [Thor starts to look broken, and seems on the verge of tears, "-and oh you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, these things happen though you know, nothing last forever-" Tony gets up from his spot and starts to push him back to his chair, "I'm not done yet, the only thing permanent in life is impermanence."

"Awesome." Tony cleared his throat before looking around at all of their faces, "Eggs? Breakfast?"

"I'd like a Bloody mary, thank you."