65

Ana slowly pulled herself up from the bed in her motel room

Ana slowly pulled herself up from the bed in her motel room. She never actually found a place to live in after moving out of her apartment. Most of her things were destroyed after Thanos attacked the Avengers compound. She didn't really try to get née things. Just clothes to wear and food. Ana wasn't any better than Bucky was when it came to this stuff.

She just sat for a couple of minutes before checking the time on her alarm clock. It was almost noon, which meant she most likely had missed calls.

Grabbing her phone, Ana was rather surprised to see a missed call from Sam. They had been in contact, but lately Sam had gotten rather busy with missions. He would message her to see how she was doing or how Bucky was doing. At first, Sam used to ask about Wanda until Ana made it very clear she would like to stay away from that topic. So he would usually bring up Bucky now, because Bucky didn't seem to answer his calls when asked.

Ana stood in Bucky's kitchen again after being given a key to his apartment. He realized it was much easier to just do that than see her waiting outside of his door when he came home. He walked into the kitchen and stared at her for a couple of moments. This pattern that they had fallen into, he was getting comfortable with it. Too comfortable.

He would leave the therapist's office almost excited to get home or he'd finish marking a name off of his list and be excited to get back because Ana was usually there making him dinner. It made them feel like a married couple. He never thought of it like that but a neighbor said something to him a couple of days ago and now he couldn't forget it.

Bucky had been walking into his apartment complex when his neighbor had stopped him. Saying something about how his wife was incredibly beautiful and sweet because she helped them with something. And Bucky didn't know how to respond. His entire body got incredibly warm and he just thanked them.

Ana turned around, not reacting to Bucky just standing in the doorframe, "You realize you have to clean up, right? I can't be the one to do it all of the time. I mean, your bathroom was a mess when I got here."

"I was going to do something about the mess..."

"I'm sure." Ana hums in amusement before setting a couple of plates on the table, "Did you cross a name off today?"

"I did." Came his answer. His body always grew rigid when she asked about his Hydra business. "How was therapy?"

Ana cleared her throat and turned back to the stove, "It was fine." She picked up the cast-iron skillet and set it onto the table, "Do you need me to trim your hair again? It's getting a little shaggy?"

Bucky just nodded his head and watched her continue to move around the kitchen. He didn't talk about his crap and she didn't talk about hers. Both of them would ask one another about it, but he knew they avoided answering.

"Also-" Ana set a small thin rectangular box on the table in front of him after about ten minutes of them eating dinner. "Happy birthday. You're 106 today."