80

Ana laughed with Sarah as they finished up with the water pump of the boat

Ana laughed with Sarah as they finished up with the water pump of the boat. She started to put away all the tools since Sarah had taken them out to use. While Ana actually used her powers rather than the tools.

"How long have you and Bucky been together?"

Ana looked up with her brows furrowed before laughing at this, "A couple days. And... I don't really think we act that much like a couple."

"Could have fooled me." Sarah snorts with a huff as she helped clean up, "I just assumed you've been together for a long time with how the two of you interact and talk with each other."

Pressing her lips together, Ana went into deep thought as she wondered if she really did come off as an experienced couple to people. She pressed her palms on the wooden bench and glanced over at Sarah, "How do you feel about Steve giving Sam the shield?"

Sarah shut her eyes and sighed softly, "It doesn't exactly matter how I feel. It matters what Sam does with it and since it's sitting in my kitchen, I've got to assume he's taking that mantle and just rolling with it."

"I-When Steve gave Sam the shield, I was worried because... a black man wearing stars and stripes as the new Captain America felt dangerous. Especially within America. As much as we like to paint that racism is over, it just isn't over. The amount of people that will look at Sam in hate or disdain. When I think he deserves this the most and he understands America without the media covering things up. He sees the mistakes our country has made towards the minority and that's what I think we need. Someone without that bias."

"You could be Captain America."

Ana just laughed at Sarah's suggestion, "As kind as that was, I don't think I should ever be Captain America. I'm biased. I'm too privileged."

"At least you know that you are and own up to it. That's something not many people are willing to admit to others." Sarah cleaned her hands off with a towel before tossing it to Ana, "You're the glue."

"What?"

"It just came to me." Sarah leaned against the bench, "Look at how my brother and Bucky interact with each other. It's bickering every two seconds, and I think it's you what keeps them together."

"I don't think so. Even if I wasn't in their lives, I think they've solidified a good enough relationship with each other even if they refuse to admit it." Ana started to walk back towards the house when she noticed that Sarah hadn't moved just yet, "Are you coming?"

"I've got a few more things to do. You can go ahead."

"Alright, be safe." Ana calls back to her before she just used her powers to fly back to the house. Sarah just kind of stared at her as she flew off and released a small laugh in a huff.

Ana took in all the scenery before she noticed Sam and Bucky talking. She landed behind them, the golden hue of her magic expanding with the wind as she landed.