18

"That's the guy my dad never shut up about?" Tony shook his head in disappointment, "Wondering if they shouldn't have kept him on ice

"That's the guy my dad never shut up about?" Tony shook his head in disappointment, "Wondering if they shouldn't have kept him on ice."

"Come on..." Ana had heard just as many stories, if not more, than Tony did about Steve, "He's not wrong though. Loki does have the jump on us."

"What he's got is an ACME dynamite kit." Tony brushes off what she says because he didn't really see Loki as a threat, "It's gonna blow up in his face, and I'm gonna be there when it does."

Bruce just locked eyes with Ana before going back to work, "And I'll read all about it."

"Uh-huh." Tony tapped his fingers together, "Or... you'll be suiting up like the rest of us."

"Ah, see. I don't get a suit of armor." Bruce placed a hand over his chest and squeezed the fabric in his hand, "I'm exposed, like a nerve. It's a nightmare."

"You know, I've got a cluster of shrapnel, trying every second to crawl it's way into my heart." Tony tapes the mini-arc reactor in his chest, "This stops it. This little circle of light. It's part of me now, not just armor. It's a... terrible privilege."

Ana didn't say anything, she chose to move over to the table and read the gamma percentages and the location readings. She didn't want to indulge in that conversation because, even as a Doctor, Ana knew when to step into a situation.

"But you can control it."

"Because I learned how."

Bruce goes back to the computer screen with Ana, "It's different."

Tony slides all the date off the screen with his finger so he could look at Bruce and not be avoided, "Hey, I've read all about your accident. That much gamma exposure should have killed you."

"So you're saying that the Hulk..." Bruce felt himself want to hurl at the mention of him, "... the other guy... saved my life? That's nice. It's a nice sentiment. Saved it for what?"

"I guess we'll find out."

Bruce exhales before bringing all the data back, "You might not like that."

"You just might."

"Oh, come on." Ana took the bag of blueberries from Tony, "You are making it all tense in here. If Dr. Banner doesn't want to hop head first into battle like us, then he doesn't want to. We're pretty crazy for wanting to face things that want to kill us on the daily."

"Right, cause you've been in a fight?"

Ana knew this was a jab at her because she hadn't actually been on a mission that threatened her life. She wasn't even sure if her childhood alien crisis would count as a threat to her life because it was more of her mom than herself. "Where are you at with hacking the mainframe?"

"About eighty percent." Tony scrolled through some of the files, "Ooh, look at this. A file dedicated to you."

"I work here."