47

Ana ended up being split from Wanda in the midst of the battle

Ana ended up being split from Wanda in the midst of the battle. She rolled as one of the aliens crashed into her body like a rabid animal. Ana grabs it with her hands but the alien is shot off before she could do anything about it. Her head tilts back and she is met face to face with a raccoon. An actual raccoon was staring right at her, standing upright and wearing clothes. Ana felt like she was going insane just staring at it.

Getting up, Ana stared down at it, "What the..."

"Don't just stand there!" It yelled at her, making Ana even more flabbergasted by it, "Kick some ass! Useless human!"

Ana shook off the initial shock and blasted one of the aliens with her powers, which made the raccoon grow seemingly impressed, "I'm Ana."

"Rocket!" He pointed to her hand, "Is that... like something for sale or is it part of you?"

Ana laughed in amusement because she never thought she'd see the day with talking animals. And she was currently fighting an alien army from space after knowing her Aunt Carol was a defender of space. "It's all part of me, Rocket."

Thor took a moment to appreciate his friend as he landed beside her, "You have your powers handled I see!"

"Oh, hey Thor! Welcome to the fight." Ana took in his appearance before tilting her head to the side, "Nice axe."

"Always a pleasure seeing you." Thor gave her a quick hug, actually taking a moment of time to genuinely greet his old friend that he hadn't seen in a long time. In that moment, Ana felt all of the grief he had gone through and was still going through. She pulled away from him and gave him a sad smile.

Ana didn't even watch as Thor flew off because she had better things to deal with and she knew that he had to do what he was doing. She felt it. Ana grabbed onto one of the weapons the alien had before it could use it. Ana sent a shockwave through it so the alien dropped the weapon from the pain. She twisted it in her arms and swung it like a staff. Ana ducked under it's blow before ramming the weapon deep into its chest.

The person she has saved in that moment, stopped and gaped at her. Bucky reloaded his gun while she smiled at him, "You don't have to show off."

"I am not showing off." Ana hums in response before ripping the weapon back out of the alien, "I just didn't want my second favorite old man croaking out here."

"Second favorite." Bucky repeated with wide eyes, a ghost of a smile on his face as he stared at her.

Ana went to respond when a few aliens came after them. She blocked one of their blows with the weapon as Bucky defended himself. Their backs were pressed against each other, "Steve-" She grunt while pushing back the alien, "-is obviously my first favorite. You can be my favorite WWII vet. Or something like that."

"Jee-" Bucky used his left arm to stop the alien in its tracks before shooting it, "Thanks."

Ana grew irritated with the aliens and sent a wave of her powers into the two coming after her, sending them flying back in the air. She whipped her head around with a smile on her face, "Take it as a compliment, Buck."