17

Ana sat with some of the others

Ana sat with some of the others. Dr. Banner decided to stand behind Ana, which was because he felt the most comfortable being around. Steve took the seat beside her, maybe because of the familiarity with Tiffany. While Natasha sat at the end of the table, her focus was primarily on Director Fury as he spoke with Loki. Thor was even there, after finding out that he would not be a threat and would be assisting in finding the Tesseract.

"In case it's unclear. You try to escape. You so much as scratch that glass." Director Fury pressed a button and the hatch underneath Loki's cell opening up. Ana pressed her palm against her mouth because she knew the original protocol for if Dr. Banner needs to be restrained. "Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works? An. Boot."

"It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you."

"Oh, I've heard." Loki walked around the room just so he could find where the camera was, "The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh. It burns to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is."

"Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something."

"Mm, enough of that." Ana reached over and shut off the monitors herself, "Don't worry, Dr. Banner. Director Fury obviously made that thing for me, since I don't ever listen to him. It's like my timeout corner for when I piss him off."

"Thanks, Ana." Bruce knew she was just trying to cheer him up after what was said between Director Fury and Loki.

Steve sits up straight and sighs, "Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?"

Thor focuses back on the group in front of him, "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army?" Steve questions as though he didn't hear him correctly and needed confirmation, "From outer space?"

"So he's building another portal." Ana dropped her feet on the table again, "That's what he needs Erik Selvig for."

"Selvig?"

Dr. Banner elaborated for Ana, "He's an astrophysicist."

"He's a friend."

"Loki has him under some kind of spell-" Natasha glanced over at Ana for a moment and tensed her jaw, "-along with one of ours."

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him." Ana chimes in, actually voicing exactly what Steve had been thinking. She tapped the heel of her shoe on the table, "There is no way he can lead an army from a cell."