4

Tiffany kept overseeing the training for the first few days

Tiffany kept overseeing the training for the first few days. She noticed how the other soldiers were bullying Steve. Tiffany tried to bring it up to him but he just brushed it off. He said that he could take whatever they threw at him. She had to promise not to inform Sergeant Duffy of what was going on. She was mothering him and she knew she should not be. At night before bed, Peggy would tell her she should not worry about him at all. But Tiffany grew up with Steve and she worried.

Peggy noticed how Tiffany kept turning her head while in the vehicle stopped to wait for the running trainees, "He's doing just fine, Tiffany."

"Right. I know." Tiffany turned back around anyway because they were slowly making their way to them.

Sergeant Duffy stopped beside the flagpole, "Squad, halt! That flag means we're only at the halfway point. First man to bring it to me gets a ride back with Agent Carter. Move, move!"

Tiffany hummed in pure amusement as all the men struggled to try and get up the pole. Her eyes shifted over to where Steve was. He was watching as well as he tried to catch his breath.

"If that's all you got, this army's in trouble! Get up there, Hodge! Come on! Get up there! Nobody's got that flag in 17 years!" The soldiers continued to struggle before Sergeant Duffy cut in short, "Now fall back into line! Come on, fall in! Let's go! Get back in formation!"

"Ah..." Tiffany grinned while watching Steve walk up to the pole, his head leaned back to see how tall it was.

"Rogers! I said fall in!"

Steve pulls a pin out at the bottom of the pole causing it to fall over. Everyone was absolutely quiet while he handed the flag to Sergeant Duffy, "Thank you sir."

Tiffany just grins in amusement as he hops into the back of the car. She turned her body and nudged his shoulder, "Smart thinking."

Steve raised his hand up to her, which she took and once he was able to breathe again he responded, "He didn't say how I needed to get the flag. Work smarter not harder."

"I've told you that."

"So has Bucky." Steve adds in while leaning into the seat, "I'm doing good, right?"

"You're doing great, Steve." Tiffany smiles reassuringly and turns back to face the front. She could still hear Steve struggling to breathe but if she said something he might get upset. He wanted to push through but if his breathing gets worse she's going to do something.

It had to be a few more days later, that morning Tiffany was stopped by Howard before she could make it to the field with Peggy. He was going to be there for this day and then head back into town because the experiment would be happening soon.

"Letter has been sent."

Tiffany blinked once before looking up at him, "Ah, thank you."

"He's pretty."