49

Scott was let inside of the Avengers compound and was filled in by Natasha about everything he missed

Scott was let inside of the Avengers compound and was filled in by Natasha about everything he missed. He was now pacing back and forth in a quick motion. It was actually making Ana a little sick.

"Scott?" Steve asks him warily, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." Scott quickly answers, not exactly sounding fine. He looked as though he was struggling to word what he wanted to say before blurting out, "Have you ever studied Quantum Physics?"

Ana tilted her head, "Yeah, why?"

Scott blinked his eyes a couple of times, not at all expecting anyone in this room to say they studied it, "Oh... Well... wow. Alright. So... five years go, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm."

"Seriously?" Ana furrowed her, "The Quantum Realm is like it's own microscopic universe. You'd-I get you get tiny but you would have to be incredibly small. Smaller than I've ever seen you become."

"Well, yeah. Uh. I did get small. Like really small." Scott continues while looking right at Ana, he really wanted to know more about her now. Maybe he should have read up on all those Shield files after they were leaked years ago, "Hope, she's my... She was my-" He seemed to struggle identifying his relationship to the woman, "She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened, and I got stuck in there."

"I'm sorry." Natasha says to him sincerely, "That must've been a very long five years."

"Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours-" Scott looks at their bewildered faces, but Ana was the only one that didn't seem to react, "Okay, uh, see, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich?" He got distracted by Nat's food on the table, "I'm starving."

"Scott, what are you talking about?"

"What I'm saying is, time works differently in the Quantum Realm." Scott answers with a mouth full of peanut butter and jelly, "The only problem is right now, we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if we could somehow control the chaos, and we could navigate it? What if there was a way to enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time but then exit at another point in time? Like... Like before Thanos."

"Hold on-" Ana finally got up from her seat, "You're talking about a time machine here, Scott."

"No. No, of course not. No, not a time machine. It's more like a..." Scott tried to find another word for it but eventually he had to agree with Ana, "Yeah, a time machine. I know it's crazy. But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be some way... There's gotta be... some w- it's crazy."

"Scott, I get e-mails from a raccoon, so nothing sounds crazy anymore."

"I'm sorry did you say raccoon?"

"Scott-" Ana cut him off with a long sigh, "Land your plane or you can get out."

"Ana..."

"Well, I can't do this on my own. I mean, Ana, you're brilliant but we're going to need more brains to bring this together." Scott says nervously, wondering how bad these past five years had to have been for Ana, "So who do we talk to about this?"