38

Ana was still bothered by Ross comparing Bruce and Thor to weapons

Ana was still bothered by Ross comparing Bruce and Thor to weapons. And the fact that the team was even gathered at the moment to talk about this was beyond shocking to her. There was no way she would willingly sign the Accords. She was the one currently reading the entire thing because the team knew she'd have it memorized. And so far, Ana was disliking it. This entire document felt like a breach of rights, especially to those on the team with enhanced abilities. Which meant her, Vision, and Wanda were on their watch list. She finally looked up from reading as Rhodes and Sam argued.

"Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honor, which is one more than you have."

Sam rolled his eyes at this argument, "So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?"

"A 117 countries want to sign this." Rhodes pointed at the stack of papers on the table, "117, Sam, and you're just like, 'No, that's cool. We got it'."

"How long are you going to play both sides?"

Vision chimed in from his seat beside Wanda, "I have an equation."

Sam huffed and leaned on the chair behind Ana, "Oh, this will clear it up."

"In the eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. And during the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate."

Steve furrowed his brows, "Are you saying it's our fault?"

Ana released a sigh, "It's not what he's saying. He is saying there may be a causality. Look at all of us. Our strength is going to invite challenge."

"Correct." Vision appreciated Ana understanding him, "Challenge incites conflict. And conflict... breeds catastrophe. Oversight... oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand."

"Boom."

Natasha pushes forward from her spot, "Tony. You are being uncharacteristically non-hyper-berbal."

Steve glances over at Tony, "It's because he's already made up his mind."

"Boy, you know me so well." He stands after his sarcastic remark and enters the kitchen, "That's what's going on, Cap. It's just pain. It's discomfort. Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?" He puts his phone down in a basket and taps it. An image is projected of a smiling young man. Tony takes in a deep breath before explaining, "Oh, that's Charles Spencer, by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA. Had a floor level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul, before he parked it behind a desk. See the world. Maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam, which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where, Sokovia. He wanted to make a difference, I suppose. I mean, we won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass. There's no decision-making process here. We need to be put in check! Whatever form that takes, I'm game. If we can't accept limitations, if we're boundary-less, we're no better than the bad guys."