14

Brenda sat in the cockpit with Carol, Maria, Fury, and Talos

Brenda sat in the cockpit with Carol, Maria, Fury, and Talos. Goose had joined them as well, lying comfortably on Fury's lap. Brenda had been in airplanes before but this was different, she could tell that there had been modifications made. The turbulence in the atmosphere was not bad, but Brenda was waiting for it once they breached it.

"Passing five hundred and climbing."

Talos glanced uncomfortably at Goose again, "You know, you really shouldn't have that thing on your lap."

"Our little alliance with you is tenuous at best. And as long as he continues to freak you out-" Fury picks up Goose and shoves him towards Talos' face. Talos jerks back in his seat, "-like that, yeah I'm gonna keep giving him all the love and hugs he needs, right?"

"Can I ask you something?" Maria turns in her seat to face Talos, "Do you just turn into anything you want?"

"Ah well, I have to see it first."

Brenda was curious now too, "Can you all do it?"

"Physiologically yeah. But it takes practice and, um, dare I say it, talent to do it well."

Fury lifted Goose up once more, "Can you turn into a cat?"

"What's a cat?"

"What about a filing cabinet?"

Talos furrowed his brows, "Why would I turn into a filing cabinet?"

"A venus fly trap!" Fury chimes in with amusement in his voice, "I'll give you fifty dollars right now if you turn into a venus fly trap."

Talos simply sighs in annoyance from all of the jokes. Brenda just smiles in her seat because this was the most rambunctious her life had been in so long and it was because Carol was back.

"Switching engines from Scramjet to fusion." Carol started to flick a few switches, "Buckle up, folks." She pushes down a lever, causing the plane to suddenly climb further into the sky.

"Hey." Fury wheezes out, "Is this normal, like space turbulence?"

"Pretty much."

Soon everything inside the plane began to float. Brenda's hair floats and she turns her head to smile over at Carol. There was a glimmer in their eyes during this exchange before Maria flicks a switch and the gravity suddenly turns on inside the plane and everything goes back to normal.

"Locking in coordinate grid."

Maria looked out the front window, "Where is it?"

"It's here." Talos shifts in his seat, "It's gotta be here."

"Well, is it in front of all that nothing, or behind it?"

Carol realizes something and pulls out the control panel on her suit. After a few swipes, the computer lights up. "Decloaking activated."