Chapter 30

To Infinity And Beyond

WE WERE SO TIRED FROM the events that happened yesterday that Thea didn't manage to wipe her makeup off before heading to bed. So when I woke up, I changed into some of the clothes she had stolen from me and I took one of the makeup wipes from her drawer and gently wiped the red lipstick and glitter from her eyes. 

"I love you, my love" I whispered, and her lovely smile appeared on her face. She mumbled an 'I love you too' and I quietly cleaned her room to the best degree I could. I placed her books back on her bookshelf and let out the ones she was currently reading and took one to read myself. She normally reads romance, so I picked the most interesting one.

Ruthless People

 ──── · ☆: *.☽ .*:☆゚.────   

I was currently halfway through the book when Thea started to stir, she opened her brown-hazel eyes and squinted away from the daylight rays. I bookmarked the book and crouched in front of her, her smile widened at the sight of me. 

"Hi, baby" I whispered and she murmured a small 'Hi' you wouldn't have heard if you weren't listening. 

"How are you feeling?" I caressed her soft cheek as she leaned into my warm hand, "My head hurts like a bitch" She smacked her face into the pillow groaning. She reached for her phone and I pulled it away from her. 

"You might now want to look at what's on her, so I'm taking your phone away for the day" I had looked at the media and the things they said about her mother...they were exactly nice. I was glad that they were looking at Thea as another one of her unfortunate victims as fucked up as it sounds. The last thing I wanted was her future getting ruined, especially since I was ready for one with her.

I helped her get up and to the bathroom where she brushed her teeth and took a shower while I sat on the large beanbag in the corner of her room reading.   

She puts on an oversized hoodie of mine and some leggings, "You know...Melody and Liam remind me a lot of us" I blurt out and she now views the book I'm reading and chuckles lightly. 

"How so?" She sits on the floor in front of me with the glasses I saw on her a few days ago, "Well...first, Melody couldn't give two flying fucks about what everyone thinks of her, plus she's batshit crazy" I bookmark the page and lean forward closer to her. 

"But isn't Liam a little crazy too?" She says with a smile on her face, "Yeah, but he's borderline crazy" I lay on the beanbag.  

"I don't want to be a buzzkill but we do have to talk about your father getting out of jail..." She whispered and I sighed, How had no one advised me that 1. My father had gotten a private investigator and 2. That he had gotten out of jail in the first place. 

"Supposedly the private investigator he got found out that my Aunt Jamie and her now ex-boyfriend were the ones that sent out a hit on her after finding out that my mother owed her money she said she was going to return but didn't" Thea hopped up from the floor and laid next to me and placed her head on my chest giving me a bit of comfort.