Chapter 16

❝Tempt those pretty little fears❞ 

Will I ever know what love feels like or have I already?

MY DAY STARTED with the blaring sound of my 6:45 alarm, Today was the first day of soccer practice since it got postponed due to bad weather. Also, I did get into the soccer team despite the injury I had suffered in the last quarter of the game. I shower and get dressed in a graphic tee and sweatpants. I leave a note for Zaya and press a kiss to her forehead. 

I also had asked her last night about what happened with Alion, 

FLASHBACK (Third Person) 

Thea was now 17 chapters into Punk 57 and reading one of the usual smut scenes when Zaya came into the room with the biggest grin she'd ever witnessed on her. That's saying something.  

"Why do you look like you just shitted rainbows?" Thea looks up from her book using her index finger as a bookmark and closing the book momentarily "Oh Thea, will you ever know what love feels like?" Zay says, "I get enough love from these books" I reply digging my nose into it again and ignoring her dramatics, 

"It was amazing Thea, He sobered me up and took me to the nearest diner, we sipped milkshakes, and we talked until they kicked us out and then we went for a stroll in the park, he even pushed me on the swing! Can you believe it?"  

I zone out thinking of what Zaya said, 'Oh Thea will you ever know what love feels like?'. The answer? Thea doesn't know, She makes up to those expectations by reading books and lifting her standards to unlimited heights. So she may not stop until she finds the perfect man. The thing is he may not even be real.  

"Thea? Yeah, you zoned out. I'm just gonna go to bed" Zaya fell asleep 25 minutes after she said that because she stayed up annoying Thea with her soft laughs from Alions' jokes. She didn't want to seem jealous so she put her novel down and continued to listen to her rant about how flawless he is and how she likes him a lot. 

She wanted to be the perfect friend that she never had, the one who listens, pays attention. Zaya needed that right now, she's finding the love of her life and Thea loves that for her and wants nothing but the best for her, she deserves it.    

END OF FLASHBACK 

I pack my backpack and wait till 7:30 to exit the dorm, I see other girls exiting their rooms at the same time and give them silent nods that return. I go outside and see only a mist of rain falling, the girls got tired of postponing stuff so we decided to deal with the November fall rain. Wet orange leaves decorate the path as I walk to the field to meet up with coach Braxton. I go down the stone stairs leading to the field and go to the locker room, where I'm met with other girls getting ready for practice. Some with beanies and gloves, and even girls with plastic bags over their heads to protect their hair from the rain. It seems as if we're all sacrificing something for this.