Chapter 28

That's All You Had To Say

I KICKED THE BALL WITH NEARLY ALL MY ADRENALINE, I've been slacking off to the max. This is the only way I can escape without being interrupted, well unless you want a soccer ball kicked your way. 

"Hey!" I turned and found Cardan behind me with a soccer ball in his arms, I narrowed my eyes at him and completely ignored him. I was being petty but what he did really got on my nerves. He kept doing it the whole day too, the teasing, the edging, he even sent me dirty texts while I was in class. 

"You're seriously still mad?" He murmured and wrapped his arms around me, I broke out of his grasp and kicked the ball into the right corner of the goal passing the goalie's hand by an inch. 

"Question my emotions one more time, I'll make a dent on your pretty face"

As much as I don't want to...I really do.

"Alright...how about I wait till you're finished and we can go out for lunch?" I ignored him...again and he wasn't having my disrespect anymore. I told Karl the boy's goalie that I was done, he gave me a thumbs up and picked up his stuff, and left. Now it was just Cardan and me. 

"You look pretty today" He spoke. 

Every time I was mad at him he tried to sweet-talk his way back to my attention, It wasn't going to work this time. 

That's what you say every time 

It may work...but who was I to blame? This guy was the cutest manipulator alive. I was obviously mad at him for other reasons. Like leaving me in the rain after storming off to do God knows what. Another being not helping me while I was in the middle of a goddamn panic attack. I was merely teaching him a lesson. The hard way. 

When I needed someone to rely on was he just going to storm off like a child? I was terrified that his father had called me too. Even more scared of the road he could take, like if he were innocent would he come for the people who had put him there in the first place? One of those people being Cardan, his own son, his own flesh and blood. That's the biggest diss of them all.   

"What's it going to take?" He threw his hands up in frustration when I took a sip of my water and rolled my eyes. He followed me to the locker room like a lost puppy until I put a hand on his chest and pointing to the girl's locker room sign. 

"But no one is here..." He put his hands on my waist, I smirked still not talking and pulling him close enough just to feel the graze of my lips against his. 

"Take your hands off me" Another lesson, Respect. He needed to learn to respect my boundaries, I'm not destined to tell him everything and every little detail. Somethings I'd like to keep to myself. It might be logical or reasonable at that but it's my choice. 

We're both young and in our prime, sometimes we have to take some time away from each other so we can focus on what we're going to be doing for the rest of our lives. I didn't want to be a trophy wife to a famous writer. I wanted to make a name for myself, to grow an empire. Together.