Chapter 9

❝ You can't use up creativity

❝ You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have ❞ - Maya Angelou

Tryouts and Bitchy Julissa

IT WAS FINALLY the day of soccer tryouts, the day that I was excited for and secretly dreading for. Since we were all attending, Zaya for moral support, I wasn't exactly thrilled to see my other two bestfriends with the knowledge I held.

A smile pops up on my face when I see a familiar set of red hair and black bob. But then something happens before I can approach them,

They suddenly connect hands and connect lips. 

And with that image embedded under my eyelids, I don't even know how I'd bring up a simple conversation. And with that, a knock on the door arrives.

Zaya went all out, the gold, royal blue, and white streaks of our school colors on her cheeks and school cap along with the t-shirt and sweatpants. 

I was dressed in a sweatshirt and sweatpants, where under them I had a normal set of shorts and a jersey since it was a bit chilly outside. 

Zaya opened the door and entered both Rita and Lilith. They both come in with serious expressions and with half-guilty glints in their eyes. I continue packing my duffel bag, 

Lilith comes up to me and wraps an arm around my shoulder, "Are you ready for today?" 

I reply with a little 'mhm', I may seem 'petty' but the truth is that I don't deal well with deception. After being betrayed in every curve of my life I don't possess a fondness for it. It all started in 5th grade when my crush Johnny Hudson told me he had a crush on me. Turned out it was a prank and ended up asking Julissa to prom, and according to that low life, my face was 'priceless'. 

"Alright, Bitches let's go!" Zaya boomed, Soon we had all reached the field. There was a stand with both coaches. I pulled out the sign-in sheet I was given on pack-in day. We all go to the blue stand and give our papers to the familiar blonde. 

"Thank you so much! Althea and Lilith, you can go to Group A, Rita group B"

We were slightly devastated that Rita was playing against us in the scrimmage but we went through with it anyways. But goddam how I would prefer Rita over Julissa. I saw the blonde-haired monster drinking a pink drink on the sidelines with her signature pink cleats and outfit.

"Oh for fucks sake," Lilith said running a hand down her face "Not this hoe again"  

"Oh, that hoe indeed," The gremlin said walking up to us, 

"What do you want Juju?" I sassed, knowing how much she hates me calling her that. "Oh nothing I'm just checking out the competition" 

"We're literally on the same team" I scoffed, "Still...good luck Thea, You'll need it" She threw a disgusting wink at us and walked back to her little posse. While I stood there fuming, I heard shrieks coming from the bleachers. I looked back and saw a crowd of girls holding up signs saying 'Go out with me Cardan!' or my personal favorite ' I'll sacrifice my firstborn for you Cardan!'. I admit the new kid on the block was popular, I looked around the field until I found the same head of ruly black curls drenched in sweat kicking a ball towards the goal that inevitably went in and caused more screams from the girls as he ran a hand through his hair and looked back at the girls throwing a wink. I shook my head and looked around the field some more and saw people fraternizing and hanging out with their friends, some others pre-game practicing.